Old 02-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Stan

Default Engine overhaul

I want to overhaul my mower engine.
It's a 12.5 HP Briggs. Is an engine overhaul
kit available like the ones for car engines?
Thanks for any help
Stan

Old 02-01-2004, 06:33 PM
mwaters

/no you will need to buy each part you need rings gasket set oil seals use
your model &serial# to get the right parts from a briggs dealer

Old 08-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Bill Holwadel

To Stan my name is bill i fix lawn equipment. Yes you can buy
a rebuild kit
for your 12.5 briggs look on the engine
shroud on the engine not on the equipment
you might have to rub some dirt or grease
off to read the letters and numbers
get a piece of paper and write down all
the letters and numbers
now call your local lawnmower repair shop
give the numbers to the person on the phone
tell them it is a briggs and stratton 12.5 hp
engine. they might have the kit in stock
or can order the kit.

write me back

Old 08-01-2004, 08:32 PM
mudpiemaker42

I used to have a mower shop for years and was a dealer for several
engine,mower,chainsaw brands and have never heard of a over haul kit. what
comes in it? please post a part number for any over haul kit briggs makes I
would like to order one just to see what it looks like.

Old 10-01-2004, 02:03 AM
Chip Stein

"mudpiemaker42" wrote in message thlink.net...
I used to have a mower shop for years and was a dealer for several
engine,mower,chainsaw brands and have never heard of a over haul kit. what
comes in it? please post a part number for any over haul kit briggs makes I
would like to order one just to see what it looks like.
"Bill Holwadel" wrote in message

they don't make them. they will sell you a shortblock though. the
rebuild kits they keep refering to are made by stens and also by
rotary, i've used them.
I used to be a lead tech at a couple of mower shops. i always
thought they should make them also.
Chip
Old 10-01-2004, 11:13 PM
mudpiemaker42

Well I never used after market parts when I used to work on mowers. I have
used short blocks though. They are great if you have a good carb. and
cheaper in the end over an over haul on the aluminium engine.

om...