Old 24-02-2004, 05:44 AM
Carl Hollomon

Default Gas Edger

I'm interested in buying a gas powered lawn edger. Any strong opinions or
experience with these? I'm leaning toward either the Stihl FC75 or the John
Deere model.

thanks,

Carl

Old 24-02-2004, 01:23 PM
JD

Give some thought to the STIHL Kombi System. It has an edger attachment and
can also be used as a trimmer, pole saw and hedge trimmer. Got a Best Buy
last year and has both homeowner & pro engines.
I have one and it is great. Opt for the pro version and spend a few $ more.
It will give you more power in the cut.
JD
link.net...

Old 18-03-2004, 06:31 PM
RoyDMercer

"Carl Hollomon" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm interested in buying a gas powered lawn edger. Any strong opinions or
experience with these? I'm leaning toward either the Stihl FC75 or the

John
Deere model.

I had a Stihl several years ago that wore out after two seasons. I don't
remember the model #, but it was similar to the FS75. I took it to a repair
shop and was told the cylinder sleeve was worn and it wasn't worth
repairing. I had always heard Stihl makes good products. It may just be my
bad luck. I now have an Echo 2400SB with trimmer and edger attachments.
I've had it for 8 years and it still runs as good today as it did when I
first bought it. I have 1/2 acre and I use the Echo extensively each summer
weekend. The only problem I have with it is it's a little hard to change
attachments sometimes, but I've heard they have that problem fixed with the
newer models.