Old 28-07-2004, 11:22 PM
James Nipper

Default Hi-Wheel Snapper Walk-Behind / Opinions Please ?

Does anyone here have the Snapper mower indicated above? It is a 6 or 7
self propelled walk behind mower.

If any of you have used it, or know anything about it, I would appreciate
your comments on it please.

Thanks !!!

--James--

Old 29-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Registered User

James:

I just put a HWPS26700BV (7hp) to use. I had the mulching kit installed. btw, the mulching kit for this mower is not the Snapper Ninja blade. It is a straight blade with some up turned thingies on each end. Some of my grass was 5-6" tall, and damp...I had to go to 1st gear to get through...but it managed. A couple times I stopped for fear of stalling. Where the grass was more reasonably tall...it roared through. There are seperate controls for blade speed and the drive speed. I keep the blade at high speed; I never put the drive speed higher than 3.....else u'll be doing the fast step at each turn. It took some getting used to the idea of not having to lift the front of the mower to turn it; you can just just whip the front end around and scoot yourself around too....never have to stop the forward motion. Because the front wheels are casters and the rear wheels are on a differential, you can momentarily lose your tracking just a touch if u hit a big tuft of grass on one side...on relatively smooth lawns its no big deal really. I bought it, because I have about 1/2 acre and felt like an idiot going in circles for 1.5 hrs with a 21" mower. This did cut down on the time. I didnt want a riding mower, cause I have some trees to get under, and I just didnt see a riding mower working out well. I don't know how big the gas tank is, but I did have to refill it before I finished slightly less than 1/2 acre. I read the manual quickly, it seems I may have to tilt the mower to empty the oil, not looking forward to that. I'll have to wait till the grass is shorter to get a good test of its mulching ability. This was the first time i used it, and the grass was tall, and i have to say...it left some grass here and there. Where the grass was shorter, it did mulch well. If you have any questions...feel free to contact me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Nipper