Old 12-09-2004, 02:17 AM
Rob

Default small engine trouble

I have a 25cc Homelite weedeater that is about a year old with little usage.
It suddenly will not "get up to speed" It will idle perfect, starts very
easy, It is just when you try to give it full throttle it boggs down. I have
cleaned the spark plug and air filter.(they looked good) I started to adjust
the carb but it was running great yesterday and it still idles perfect. Any
suggestions as to what is causing this. I even mixed up different gas just
to make sure the gas was fresh.

--
Rob

Old 12-09-2004, 03:24 AM
GARAGE OWL

Hello, you might want to take the 4 bolts off the front of the engine
and seperate the engine from the shaft. look at the govenor weights and
springs to make sure they are not broke

Old 12-09-2004, 03:45 AM
DaveL

Rob wrote:

I have a 25cc Homelite weedeater that is about a year old with little usage.
It suddenly will not "get up to speed" It will idle perfect, starts very
easy, It is just when you try to give it full throttle it boggs down. I have
cleaned the spark plug and air filter.(they looked good) I started to adjust
the carb but it was running great yesterday and it still idles perfect. Any
suggestions as to what is causing this. I even mixed up different gas just
to make sure the gas was fresh.

--
Rob

Quite possibly a speck of dirt caught under the high speed needle. Go
ahead a try adjusting it, keeping track of how much you turned each way.
(or bottom each needle, noting how many turns it took to get there)
Adjusting it may dislodge the dirt. If tweaking doesn't help, you can
always position the needles back as they were and look elsewhere.
Old 13-09-2004, 01:26 AM
mow

Rob wrote:
I have a 25cc Homelite weedeater that is about a year old with little usage.
It suddenly will not "get up to speed" It will idle perfect, starts very
easy, It is just when you try to give it full throttle it boggs down. I have
cleaned the spark plug and air filter.(they looked good) I started to adjust
the carb but it was running great yesterday and it still idles perfect. Any
suggestions as to what is causing this. I even mixed up different gas just
to make sure the gas was fresh.

Remove or clean the screen in the muffler, it is plugged. It is there as
a spark arrestor. To much back pressure.
Old 13-09-2004, 02:19 AM
Rob

"mow" wrote in message
Rob wrote:
I have a 25cc Homelite weedeater that is about a year old with little
usage.
It suddenly will not "get up to speed" It will idle perfect, starts very
easy, It is just when you try to give it full throttle it boggs down. I
have
cleaned the spark plug and air filter.(they looked good) I started to
adjust
the carb but it was running great yesterday and it still idles perfect.
Any
suggestions as to what is causing this. I even mixed up different gas
just
to make sure the gas was fresh.

Remove or clean the screen in the muffler, it is plugged. It is there as
a spark arrestor. To much back pressure.

BINGO!! That was it. Thanks a lot.
Rob