Old 11-10-2004, 03:32 AM
TP

Default Just backfilled a hillside

Created a new hillside. I have a nice layer of top soil and
would like to plant a ground cover before the first frost.
Located in upstate, western New York. Something low growing is
fine. Low maintenance and would hold the soil together. Eastern
exposure.
What should I use? I was hoping to just use seed. But I
understand we may need to transplant and seed. Area approx. 200
sq ft. approx. 7 ft drop.

Thanks,
TP
Old 12-10-2004, 04:59 AM
Charles Newton

"TP" wrote in message
Created a new hillside. I have a nice layer of top soil and
would like to plant a ground cover before the first frost.
Located in upstate, western New York. Something low growing is
fine. Low maintenance and would hold the soil together. Eastern
exposure.
What should I use? I was hoping to just use seed. But I
understand we may need to transplant and seed. Area approx. 200
sq ft. approx. 7 ft drop.

Thanks,
TP

Vetch. Crown vetch. Made for that kind of thing. Perfect for your area.

Old 12-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Steveo

"Charles Newton" wrote:
"TP" wrote in message
Created a new hillside. I have a nice layer of top soil and
would like to plant a ground cover before the first frost.
Located in upstate, western New York. Something low growing is
fine. Low maintenance and would hold the soil together. Eastern
exposure.
What should I use? I was hoping to just use seed. But I
understand we may need to transplant and seed. Area approx. 200
sq ft. approx. 7 ft drop.

Thanks,
TP

Vetch. Crown vetch. Made for that kind of thing. Perfect for your
area.

Beware, vetch is -very- invasive.