Old 30-10-2004, 07:08 PM
JimO

Default Roadside Asterisk is killing my lawn

I live in North Texas about 30 miles north of Ft. Worth. A couple of years
ago these little flowers started to appear in late August and early
September. They would bloom for a couple of months and then seem to
disappear. Now they have taken over about 25% of my lawn in various places.
They leave a dark ugly baren color after they bloom and are now spreading.
I talked to a kid at the local gardening store and she said it was Roadside
Asterisk. You have to spot treat it with weed killer that will also kill
the grass. She suggested I wait until the grass is dormant but does this
weed go dormant as well. She also said that pre-emergent and other particle
weed killers will not work on it. I tried to do an on-line search of
Roadside Asterisk but got nothing. Anybody know if this stuff goes by
another name or have any alternative resources or suggestions I can use?

Thanks,
Jim

Old 30-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Doug G

JimO wrote:
[...]

Try searching for Roadside Aster or Wayside Aster.
Old 31-10-2004, 04:59 AM
JimO

Yeah, sounds like the one I have. I don't know what to do about it. I'm
thinking of just taking a couple bottles of Round Up and just spray it all.
I might be able to pull it from the sod since it's only in certain places
because the root system is so tight. Either way, it's only a matter of time
before it kills my entire yard.