Old 05-12-2004, 03:29 PM
uvdoc

Default Briggs & Stration

Hi anyone know how to check a spark plug coil when it is off the engine to
see if it is ok and working?

Old 10-12-2004, 01:17 AM
Oscar_Lives

"uvdoc" wrote in message
Hi anyone know how to check a spark plug coil when it is off the engine to
see if it is ok and working?

hook it to a coil tester and run the tests.

Old 10-12-2004, 06:47 AM
Jim Sullivan

"uvdoc" wrote in message
Hi anyone know how to check a spark plug coil when it is off the engine to
see if it is ok and working?

hook up to distributor cable and then turn the engine over, watch for spark.

Even easier to just purchase a new one.

--
Jim Sullivan
seattle, washington

Old 14-12-2004, 04:41 AM
Eric

Jim Sullivan wrote:

"uvdoc" wrote in message
Hi anyone know how to check a spark plug coil when it is off the engine
to see if it is ok and working?

hook up to distributor cable and then turn the engine over, watch for
spark.

Even easier to just purchase a new one.

Do what my neighbor did.
When i was about 7 or 8 I was next door at the neighbors house outside
watching the guy try to get his lawnmower running. At one point he hollers
to his wife "Hey honey! come here a minute will ya?"
She comes over and he says "Here, hold this for a second" and he hands her
the bare end of the spark plug wire. Then he grabs the handle and pulls the
engine over once real hard. She jumps and screams and he never even looked
up and says in a low even voice "Yup, its got a spark"
I never forgot that, and I'm 50 now.
Mike and Lulu Hatten (the kids of the couple in this story) were my age and
lived in Hampden Maine back around 61 or 62 and I havnt seen them since -
it was their dad and mom in this true story.
Mike or Lulu if you're around and by some odd chance happen to
see this- say hi.
Eric

Old 14-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Steveo

Eric wrote:
Jim Sullivan wrote:

"uvdoc" wrote in message
[...]

I can relate to that, Eric. My dad got me that way more than once
back in the 60's. -hehe- and I've gotten people that way since.

Heck, I still do it to myself now and again when I mess around with
ignition spark. Kinda makes your toes tingle a bit.

briggs and stration engine uvdoc Lawns 6 10-12-2004 01:19 AM
Briggs & Stratton Replacement Engines vs rebuilding existing engine Scott Lawns 6 04-06-2003 03:56 AM
briggs&stratton info Keith Carroll Lawns 1 16-03-2003 09:44 PM
Small tractor With "Briggs@Stratton"EngineType "Farmers Boy" Alfsilver1 Gardening 0 30-01-2003 10:14 AM
12 Hp Briggs & Stratton Idle Problems Newf Lawns 5 06-12-2002 07:53 AM