Old 23-12-2004, 05:56 PM
MEI

Default Low to No Light Lawn?

I have a HUGE Oak tree in my backyard which basically blocks all direct
sunlight. I was wanting to sod sometime soon, is this going to be possible?
I live in Santa Barbara, CA where the weather is pretty much perfect year
round.
Thanks!

Old 23-12-2004, 08:14 PM

I would not use sod which is suited for full sun to partial shade and
is not going to survive. Instead I would seed using a high quality
shade tolerant mix.

Old 23-12-2004, 08:35 PM
MEI

This sounds like just what I need.. Where would one aquire such seed? Is
there a good on-line resource?? Many thanks..

Jeffrey

oups.com...

Old 23-12-2004, 09:01 PM
willshak

On 12/23/2004 3:35 PM US(ET), MEI took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

This sounds like just what I need.. Where would one aquire such seed? Is
there a good on-line resource?? Many thanks..

Any garden supply store, even Walmart, HD, or Lowes.

Jeffrey

roups.com...

--
Bill
Old 24-12-2004, 06:20 AM
effi

"MEI" wrote in message
. ..
I have a HUGE Oak tree in my backyard which basically blocks all direct
sunlight. I was wanting to sod sometime soon, is this going to be possible?
I live in Santa Barbara, CA where the weather is pretty much perfect year
round.
Thanks!

no way to trim some of the lower branches to increase sunlight to the
ground?