Old 15-02-2005, 06:19 PM
uvdoc

Default ground ivy

I live in Virginia on the east coast and have lots of ground ivy in my yard
what and when is the best thing and time to put something on it so it does
not come back this year ?thanks Jim

Old 15-02-2005, 07:08 PM
GFRfan

uvdoc wrote:

I live in Virginia on the east coast and have lots of ground ivy in my yard
what and when is the best thing and time to put something on it so it does
not come back this year ?thanks Jim

You are probably very close to a good time to use some broad leaf weed
control like Weed-B-Gone. Get them just as they begin actively growing.
Be sure to follow the directions carefully. This stuff can be toxic but
I don't think there have been any serious problems if used correctly.
Ground Ivy may require spot treatment after a couple of weeks.
Old 16-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Peter H

"uvdoc" wrote in message
I live in Virginia on the east coast and have lots of ground ivy in my

yard
what and when is the best thing and time to put something on it so it does
not come back this year ?thanks Jim

You will need multiple applications of a broadleaf weed killer. I'd wack it
as soon as it started up and then twice again, waiting 2 weeks in between
each application. A liquid normally is more effective than a granular.

Peter H

Old 28-02-2005, 11:11 AM
SLM50

Hey Jim,
Have you tried some goat urine? I hear that works well too.....

Your Friend,

Old 01-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Steveo

Canary dooty is a preventer too..just be careful to not
get any of that shit on your hands.

Old 28-03-2005, 05:43 PM
William W. Plummer

Forget the urine. Just use use the goat.

"uvdoc" wrote in message

I live in Virginia on the east coast and have lots of ground ivy in my yard
what and when is the best thing and time to put something on it so it does
not come back this year ?thanks Jim

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
To ivy or not to ivy, that's the question? TimLondon United Kingdom 15 07-05-2013 06:08 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
poisen ivy--scotts roundup poisen ivy ilaboo Lawns 4 06-06-2008 12:52 AM
ground ivy Carl e Roberts Lawns 1 20-05-2003 02:08 AM