Old 06-04-2005, 12:45 AM
Bob

Default Weed control question for the group.

I have a very large property, long driveway and alot of brick pattio that
has gotten really out of control with weed overgrowth.

Is there a super-concentrated chemical that I can buy to mix with water that
will kill the weeds in the driveway and between the bricks but leave the
grass alone?

remember...big property, and I need a concentrate that won't bleed my wallet
dry.

Thanks,
Bob

Old 06-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Kyle Boatright

First, there is no silver bullet that is going to eliminate your weed
problem *right now*. However, through the proper application of weed killers
and pre-emergents, you can reduce the problem in the short term, and all but
eliminate it long term.

There are plenty of broad leaf weed killers that come in hose end
applicators. They typically do 10 - 15,000 sf per container at a cost of
$6-7-$8/ container. Apply now then again in 2-3 weeks and you'll see a huge
reduction in broadleaf weeds.

Also, hit the area with a pre-emergent now and again in early fall so any
residual seeds won't sprout.

A couple of years of this type treatment and you'll be down to the
occasional spot-control effort.