Old 30-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Mel

Default Water pump question

I have a submersible 3/4 HP pump that supplies my home and garden. I put in
an automatic lawn sprinkler system and the pump goes on an off during the
watering cycle, turning on and off. To prevent this do I increase or
decrease the flow to the lawn sprinklers?

Old 30-04-2005, 10:07 PM
James

If you are watering for any length of time, the pump HAS to go on and off.
Once the pressure gets to a certain low-pressure setting, the pump has to
kick back in and start pumping again. I don't see how you could water a
yard larger than 200 sq feet without this happening.

Or perhaps I have misunderstood your question.........................

--James--

Old 30-04-2005, 10:09 PM
notspike

Mel wrote:

I have a submersible 3/4 HP pump that supplies my home and garden. I put in
an automatic lawn sprinkler system and the pump goes on an off during the
watering cycle, turning on and off. To prevent this do I increase or
decrease the flow to the lawn sprinklers?

is that a problem, going on and off like that? because most water pumps
do that. I'd say increase. if it cuts off it is because the pressure
is to high.
Old 30-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Srgnt Billko

"Mel" wrote in message
I have a submersible 3/4 HP pump that supplies my home and garden. I put

in
an automatic lawn sprinkler system and the pump goes on an off during the
watering cycle, turning on and off. To prevent this do I increase or
decrease the flow to the lawn sprinklers?

Is this a demand system or one with a water tank ? If it is one with a tank
you could probably prevent it by going to the trouble of installing a much
larger tank - but why bother ?