Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Jinxy

Default Dandelion question

I live in a rural neighborhood. My lawn approx 2 acres is infested with
dandelions this year. I've read on the net to only cut a bit of lawn (height
wise) to keep the lawn tall so the dandelions don't get any sun. Of course I
will have to cut very often to avoid clumping. I've decided the above method
is what I'm going to try this year.

My neighbor is a different story. They seem to love cutting their grass and
are out there the minute spring arrives. They cut theirs very, very
short..bald you could say, and they seem to cut every third day or so. I've
been watching and they don't seem to have very many dandelions..or they are
cutting the heads off of them so maybe the lawn looks deceiving?? My yard
looks terrible compared to theirs because of me not mowing as often as them
(I have to wait till it gets tall)

Soooo will my plan work? Or should I do what they are doing?