Old 25-05-2005, 12:49 AM
G Henslee

Default Pesticide Question

Can anyone recommend a concentrated "natural" bug spray? I've had good
succes with the Schultz product but can't find it in a concentrate. I
need it for ahpids, etc in my vegetable garden and would like to avoid
malathion or the like if possible.

Thanks, G
Old 25-05-2005, 04:51 AM
Timothy

On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:49:22 -0700, G Henslee wrote:

Can anyone recommend a concentrated "natural" bug spray? I've had good
succes with the Schultz product but can't find it in a concentrate. I
need it for ahpids, etc in my vegetable garden and would like to avoid
malathion or the like if possible.

Thanks, G

I would suggest that you look into safers:
http://www.saferbrand.com/landscape/...illingsoap.htm

I got a quart of concentrate at Fred Meyers. It lasts forever and works
great. Good luck

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 25-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Doug Kanter

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a concentrated "natural" bug spray? I've had good
succes with the Schultz product but can't find it in a concentrate. I
need it for ahpids, etc in my vegetable garden and would like to avoid
malathion or the like if possible.

Thanks, G

Depending on lots of factors, aphids are sometimes just a temporary problem.
You might find that blasting them off the plants with a hose spray achieves
your purpose. Ladybugs also handle aphids the way my teenage son handles a
bag of potato chips. You can order ladybugs from various garden sources. Try
www.burpee.com. If they don't sell them, email customer service and ask for
some advice.

Old 25-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Big D

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a concentrated "natural" bug spray? I've had good
succes with the Schultz product but can't find it in a concentrate. I
need it for ahpids, etc in my vegetable garden and would like to avoid
malathion or the like if possible.

Thanks, G

Here is what I use
http://www.territorial-seed.com/stor..._P4388C300.cfm
It works really good on all types of insects. They also have the 8oz. size.
It is on the high end of the scale of "safe products" On a scale of 1-10,
10 being the harshest, its a 9.