Old 21-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Tom R.

Well, I'm in Turkey and I asked my BIL about it. He said that he uses a
"Uganda" strain of grass. It requires sunlight and little or no shade. He
uses about a quarter inch of water every day on an area of ~100 sq. meters.
You can do your own calculations and decide if it is affordable or not.

Tom

"Tom R." wrote in message news:...
Seems like they're not answering email right now. I'll get back to you
when I get an answer.

Tom

"Scudo" wrote in message
Thanks Tom would appreciate that.
##############

We have place near to Altinkum and compared to Scotland it is safer and
cheaper. Once people from the UK get established I am sure it will slowly
change for the worst.

"- Tom -" wrote in message

"Scudo" wrote in message
. uk...
i am hoping someone can give me an approx cost (or possible litres) for
this.....

I have a property in Turkey so hot summers from may to end of October

and
very little rain during those months in fact probably no rain for 3 of
those
months.

Costs vary from country to country so possibly could somone give me an
idea
of how many litres of water it would take to keep a lawn green during

the
summer months, it is a course type grass and not to `bowling green` or
`golf
course` standard.

the lawn is approx 680 sq feet (75 sq metres)

I only use the propery for 5 weeks of the year and wondering about the
costs
of watering as opposed to getting some gravel chips put down, as it

might
be
too expensive to maintain the lawn.

thanks

Can't help you right now but I'll put in an email to my BIL, the
architect, in Izmir and ask him.

--
Tom