Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Sniffer

Default Battery Charger question

I have a "Husky" battery charger (model HSK074HD if it matters)
12 volt 2/10 ampere with 55/ampere start assist

It was bought at a big box store, can't remember if Lowes or HD

I used it on my lawn mower only ... it lasted long enough to be out of
warrenty then stopped working !

It had lights that came on, a meter needle that moved, and produced a
hum with a slight vibration ... those were happy times

then

while attached to the battery it just stopped. None of the signs of
life anymore. It has not worked since.

It's still under 1 yr warrenty but ... the cost of S&H would prolly
buy me another chager ..

Any ideas?

Is there a fuse inside?
I'm guessing not cuz it doesn't seem to meant to be taken apart, but
what else?

It's never been dropped or abused.

It was used 5 or 6 times on a battery that could only be started after
being charged. If the engine died in the yard for whatever reason I
had to hook the charger up.

I'd be happy with any explaination even if it isn't something I can't
use to fix it. I have horrible luck with these things, this is easily
the fourth battery charger since last year. Two simply didn't work at
all so switched stores and brands. The third worked a couple times,
stopped, brought it back, this one is it's replacement, worked long
enough to get out of store warrenty.

Anyway
Thanks!

Question on Ryobi batteries/charger. willshak Lawns 1 22-05-2009 03:07 AM
Float charger Herb and Eneva Lawns 4 16-02-2008 01:39 PM
Battery Charger Question - need part A-0705L - where can I find it ? Bosco Lawns 3 21-11-2007 08:26 PM
Battery Charger Part --- A-0705L --- Circuit Breaker --- besides the company Who can it be order from ?? BoNanner Lawns 3 07-01-2006 05:24 PM
Lawn Tractor Solar Charger [email protected] Gardening 3 02-08-2005 10:32 AM