Old 07-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Grogmeister

Default Sod cutters

Does anyone make a residential sod cutter? I only seem to find expensive
commercial models for sale.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Pagan

"Grogmeister" wrote in message
Does anyone make a residential sod cutter? I only seem to find expensive
commercial models for sale.

Have you tried renting one?

If memory serves, US Rentals has one for about $100 a day. You might want
to see about delivery. It's expensive, but those things are damn heavy.

Pagan

Old 08-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Grogmeister said:

Does anyone make a residential sod cutter? I only seem to find

expensive
commercial models for sale.

Hand tools for smaller jobs, yes. Probably not much of a residential
market
for such a specialized power too.

Here's a larger capacity manual ('kick powered') sod cutter:
http://www.amleo.com/index/item.cgi?cmd=view&Words=sod1

Mostly get by with hand tool like this one when removing sod in
my yard:
http://www.doityourself.com/store/6867238.htm

(Didn't spend nearly so much on it, though.)

(attributed to Don Marti)