Old 08-07-2005, 04:17 AM
John & Lynette

Default Mushrooms in lawn

HELP!!! Does ANYONE have any advice on how to rid my lawn of mushrooms.
Just put down new sod in April and they are popping up everywhere.
According to internet sites, fungicides will not work. Any
suggestions??? THANKS ....Lynn

Old 08-07-2005, 05:41 AM
Warren

John & Lynette wrote:
HELP!!! Does ANYONE have any advice on how to rid my lawn of mushrooms.
Just put down new sod in April and they are popping up everywhere.
According to internet sites, fungicides will not work. Any
suggestions??? THANKS ....Lynn

Fungus happens.

Your new sod from April should have started to establish roots by now.
Gradually change from the daily watering that new sod needs to establish
itself to a goal of one watering of a full inch per week that a mature lawn
needs. Taking away the constant moisture will take away the conditions that
result in mushrooms.

The spores are always going to be there. Like I said, fungus happens. But if
you don't set-up the conditions they need, they'll never turn into
mushrooms, so it won't matter if the spores are there.

Note that the details of exactly what you should do right now depends on
where you live in this world, what kind of grass the sod is, and what you've
been doing as far as watering and mowing up to now. I've outlined the
general direction, but more specific instructions require more specific
information.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/

Old 08-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Stubby

John & Lynette wrote:
HELP!!! Does ANYONE have any advice on how to rid my lawn of mushrooms.
Just put down new sod in April and they are popping up everywhere.
According to internet sites, fungicides will not work. Any
suggestions??? THANKS ....Lynn

Put down some *real* lime, not powdered limestone. You can buy it in
tile stores for about $5 per 50 lb bag. Do this Spring and Fall. You
will have far less mushrooms next year and none the year after.

Old 08-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Doug Kanter

"John & Lynette" wrote in message

HELP!!! Does ANYONE have any advice on how to rid my lawn of mushrooms.
Just put down new sod in April and they are popping up everywhere.
According to internet sites, fungicides will not work. Any
suggestions??? THANKS ....Lynn

A pure, perfect lawn is usually a poisoned lawn. Relax and put up with a
little variety.

Old 08-07-2005, 02:56 PM

The response citing watering was correct. Mushrooms are a sign of
excess watering. That is perfectly normal, since you have new sod. As
you cut back the watering, the mushrooms will diminish.