Old 07-05-2004, 03:10 PM
StanDan

Default Mushrooms in my lawn.....

Please help me get rid of these nasty big mushrooms in my lawn they're
ruining it!

Stan

Old 07-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "StanDan" contains these words:

Please help me get rid of these nasty big mushrooms in my lawn they're
ruining it!

All you need is a good sharp knife, some olive oil and a frying pan.....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 07-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Alan Holmes

"StanDan" wrote in message
Please help me get rid of these nasty big mushrooms in my lawn they're
ruining it!

Pick them and eat them.

Alan

Stan

Old 07-05-2004, 11:05 PM
martin

On Fri, 7 May 2004 22:12:14 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"StanDan" wrote in message
Please help me get rid of these nasty big mushrooms in my lawn they're
ruining it!

Pick them and eat them.

What about the poor garden gnomes that live under them?
Old 08-05-2004, 10:18 AM
David W.E. Roberts

wrote:

"StanDan" wrote in message
Please help me get rid of these nasty big mushrooms in my lawn they're
ruining it!

Pick them and eat them.

What about the poor garden gnomes that live under them?

Sadly, I think it is illegal to eat them, although (allegedly) they are very
tasty if deep fried.

Old 08-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Kate Morgan

Please help me get rid of these nasty big mushrooms in my lawn they're
ruining it!

Pick them and eat them.

What about the poor garden gnomes that live under them?

Sadly, I think it is illegal to eat them, although (allegedly) they are very
tasty if deep fried.

LOL good one

My other half picked some mushrooms from our garden yesterday and ate
them, said they were very good
kate
Old 08-05-2004, 11:10 AM
martin

On Sat, 8 May 2004 09:44:36 +0100, Kate Morgan
wrote:

Please help me get rid of these nasty big mushrooms in my lawn they're
ruining it!

Pick them and eat them.

What about the poor garden gnomes that live under them?

Sadly, I think it is illegal to eat them, although (allegedly) they are very
tasty if deep fried.

LOL good one

I tried one, it tasted just like spam. :-)

My other half picked some mushrooms from our garden yesterday and ate
them, said they were very good

When is the wake? :-) or perhaps :-((( ?

Isn't May a little early for wild mushrooms?
Old 08-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Kate Morgan

My other half picked some mushrooms from our garden yesterday and ate
them, said they were very good

When is the wake? :-) or perhaps :-((( ?

Isn't May a little early for wild mushrooms?

I dunno, we always have them this time of the year and hubby is fine,
cutting the lawn as I speak :-)
Old 08-05-2004, 12:05 PM
martin

On Sat, 8 May 2004 11:07:55 +0100, Kate Morgan
wrote:

My other half picked some mushrooms from our garden yesterday and ate
them, said they were very good

When is the wake? :-) or perhaps :-((( ?

Isn't May a little early for wild mushrooms?

I dunno, we always have them this time of the year and hubby is fine,
cutting the lawn as I speak :-)

Aren't they fungii, rather than mushrooms?
Old 08-05-2004, 12:07 PM
David W.E. Roberts

wrote:

My other half picked some mushrooms from our garden yesterday and ate
them, said they were very good

When is the wake? :-) or perhaps :-((( ?

Isn't May a little early for wild mushrooms?

I dunno, we always have them this time of the year and hubby is fine,
cutting the lawn as I speak :-)

Aren't they fungii, rather than mushrooms?

No, Fungi is a dolphin which lives off the coast by the Dingle in Southern
Ireland

Old 08-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Cereus-validus

All mushrooms are fungi.

There is no mushroom season. They appear whenever conditions are ideal.

Old 08-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Kate Morgan

snip
Aren't they fungii, rather than mushrooms?

as someone else has pointed out, mushrooms are edible fungi.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:09 PM
martin

On Sat, 8 May 2004 12:00:48 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

My other half picked some mushrooms from our garden yesterday and ate
them, said they were very good

When is the wake? :-) or perhaps :-((( ?

Isn't May a little early for wild mushrooms?

I dunno, we always have them this time of the year and hubby is fine,
cutting the lawn as I speak :-)

Aren't they fungii, rather than mushrooms?

No, Fungi is a dolphin which lives off the coast by the Dingle in Southern
Ireland

no? shirley the fact that some Irish ignoramus Seamus has confused a
dolphin for a fungus is irrelevant?

For the pedants: Isn't it a bit early for Agaricus campestris and
Agaricus arvensis?
Old 08-05-2004, 02:04 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
.. .
All mushrooms are fungi.

However not all fungi are mushrooms.

I think poster was checking if they were mushrooms or another type of
fungus - could be Toadstools of course :-)

Old 08-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Cereus-validus

Common names are of no significance. They are all fungi.

What does matter is whether they are edible or poisonous.