Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Gene Hubert

Default Pawpaws

Anyone have success or experience growing pawpaws in the Triangle
area? I planted 3 of them two years ago and they've been a
disappointment. Have hardly grown at all despite deep, rich soil.
They have tap roots and I think they don't transplant all that well.
The smallest one I planted has done the best of the lot.

I would like to find the closest source for pawpaw trees, and if
possible, container grown instead of bare root.

Thanks,
Gene Hubert
Durham, NC