Old 20-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Neutopia

Default Ladybugs

Would anyone know why every winter I have ladybugs in my house, in particular
in the bathroom? Even if I take some outside there are still more everyday.
I don't know how they are getting in either but they all die eventually.

-Mara
Old 20-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Heidi

The lady bugs are seeking out the warmth of the indoors, light from the
window, and the moisture from your bathroom. My guess is that your
window is oriented to the southwest? You can scoop then up and put them
back outside--it's warm up they should want to stay out now. Or you can
scoop them up, put them in an opaque container, with a damp paper towel
(for moisture) and some raisins (for food) and let them stay in your
fridge until the last frost. Mid-April you can release them in your
garden. If you don't want to fool with trying to save them, you can
vacuum them up. Whatever you do, don't squish them b/c they will leave
a yellow stain on the wall, blind, etc..

Heidi

Old 20-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Susan

They seem to be a regular intruder each year in the late fall/early winter for us.
Some years are worse than others. One year it continued through till January and
we finally called an exterminator because the clicking of them beating their little bodies
against the lights at night was driving us bonkers. Luckily we called an honest one who
said "I can take your money, but they'll be back in two weeks, there's not much I can
do about them." At least they're relatively harmless........ Now that I think about it,
I've hardly seen any this year. Maybe the fact that the last of our 3 old cats died last
summer and we've repopulated with younger kitties has something to do with that -
perhaps they're hunting them down for entertainment! I see them mostly around
the windows and I know our window seals are not particularly tight - I think all you
can do is just make sure you don't give them any holes to crawl in through.

Good luck
Susan

Old 21-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Joanna & Mark Glass

One last note to be silly... Profit from them
http://www.growquest.com/free_ladybugs.htm

Neem oil and ladybugs JimS. Roses 1 02-06-2003 06:44 AM
What do baby ladybugs look like? GamePlayer No. 1058 Roses 3 27-05-2003 03:44 AM
DONT ever buy ladybugs!! Tomatolord North Carolina 0 17-05-2003 02:08 AM
Ladybugs for Mealie control Gene Schurg Orchids 24 01-04-2003 05:08 PM
funny you should mention that... Ladybugs for Mealie control Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 1 30-03-2003 04:56 AM