Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Koen

Default fixing a lawn

Hi,

Last year (in the spring) we put grass sods (fescue) in our partially
shaded backyard. The soil as in most places around here is clay, so we
used a tiller to loosen it and before putting down the sods I put cow
manure on the soil. The lawn looked reasonable for a while, but
developed some brown areas. We sprinkled regularly, so I don't think
that's related to lack of water. Anyway, now the grass is trying to
grow back in some places, but many spots are still brown. Other places
have been walked on a lot and I can see the mesh from the sods. Any
suggestions how to improve my lawn? Reseed? Fertilize (which)?

I am not looking for a perfect manicured golf course, but the grass
should be comfortable enough for my kids to play on.

thanks,

- Koen.

Fixing erosion / a lawn that never took, during a drought? [email protected] Gardening 3 08-03-2008 04:13 PM
Fixing dog damage to a buffalo lawn kimsr Australia 2 26-07-2003 07:02 AM
Fixing the pond edge Paul DeWolf Ponds 2 25-05-2003 06:08 PM
Fixing tiller Michael Shaffer Gardening 10 25-04-2003 05:44 AM
Fixing Bird Box Chris French and Helen Johnson United Kingdom 2 22-03-2003 11:30 AM