Old 26-05-2004, 02:12 AM
Robert

Default Help identifying insect

I noticed a good number of these insects in my bushes today, at first I
thought they were ladybugs and they may be but they don't quite match the
various types of ladybugs I've been able to find on the web.

http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2967.jpg
http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2969.jpg
http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2973.jpg

If anyone could help identify them I'd appreciate it. Most of the info I
came across on ladybugs is similar to this:

http://www.carolinafarmstewards.org/...g/ladysee.html

Thanks,

Robert

Old 26-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Susan Hogarth

Robert wrote:

I noticed a good number of these insects in my bushes today, at first I
thought they were ladybugs and they may be but they don't quite match the
various types of ladybugs I've been able to find on the web.

http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2967.jpg
http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2969.jpg
http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2973.jpg

I don't think it's a ladybeetle at all. Let me try to track it down.

--
Susan Hogarth
Suggested reading for 25 May, 2004:
Old 26-05-2004, 04:23 AM
Robert

Thanks,

I'm mostly interested in finding out if its a friend or foe.

Robert

Old 28-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Jennifer Richards

"Jo" wrote in message
Is it a pumpkin beetle?

Out of curiosity, I googled pumpkin beetle and came up with a bunch of sites
in Australia, and one in the US
http://entweb.clemson.edu/caps/state...kto/pnkto.htm. The
last one lists it as "pests not known to occur" in the US. Although the
pictures on the Australian sites were darn close to the pictures Susan
Hogarth posted.

-Jenny

Old 11-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Roger Boughner

looks like a spotted asparagus beetle
Ortho's Home Gardeners Problem Solver
page 262

Roger

"Robert" wrote in message
ink.net...
I noticed a good number of these insects in my bushes today, at first I
thought they were ladybugs and they may be but they don't quite match the
various types of ladybugs I've been able to find on the web.

http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2967.jpg
http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2969.jpg
http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2973.jpg

If anyone could help identify them I'd appreciate it. Most of the info I
came across on ladybugs is similar to this:

http://www.carolinafarmstewards.org/...g/ladysee.html

Thanks,

Robert

Help Identifying Insect Aaron M Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 07-03-2005 05:32 AM
Need Help Identifying Plant Help Please CAZ Gardening 2 08-07-2004 12:03 AM
Help identifying insect Robert North Carolina 4 21-04-2004 05:05 PM
Help id an insect Vanis Texas 2 27-05-2003 03:44 AM
[IBC] Insect attack (was: [IBC] Need help with problem) Jim Lewis Bonsai 4 16-05-2003 07:44 PM