Old 31-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Dick Adams

Default Not a garden question

I am a Tarheel tried and true. My blood runs Carolina Blue.
Unfortunately I have spent the last 13 years exiled in
Maryland.

The debate in my house is Chapel Hill or north Raleigh?
I say you get more land for the money in the Chapel Hill-
Carrboro School District and Chapel Hill High is a good
school for our 14 year old son. She says the High Schools
are better in north Raleigh.

I say I want to plant a lot of trees and have a large garden.

Dick
Old 31-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Raleighgirl

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
| I am a Tarheel tried and true. My blood runs Carolina Blue.
| Unfortunately I have spent the last 13 years exiled in
| Maryland.
|
| The debate in my house is Chapel Hill or north Raleigh?
| I say you get more land for the money in the Chapel Hill-

WRONG. CH real estate is more expensive and taxes are higher.

| Chapel Hill High is a good school for our 14 year old son.
|She says the High Schools are better in north Raleigh.

Read and compare the report cards for whatever schools you are
considering.
Leesville Rd HS is top rated, so is CH. Sanderson and Millbrook
in N Raleigh are not.

| I say I want to plant a lot of trees and have a large garden.

Wooded lots are available anywhere for a price. Look at some of
the older
NW Raleigh homes (Ray Rd, Creedmoor Rd and beyond Strickland).
No city taxes.
Fewer restrictive covenants.

| Dick

Dick, I'm going to nickname you Dick2. We already have a Dick
here. Hahaha.
Raleighgirl

Old 31-05-2005, 05:35 PM

On 2005-05-31, Raleighgirl wrote:

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
| I am a Tarheel tried and true. My blood runs Carolina Blue.
| Unfortunately I have spent the last 13 years exiled in
| Maryland.
|
| The debate in my house is Chapel Hill or north Raleigh?
| I say you get more land for the money in the Chapel Hill-

WRONG. CH real estate is more expensive and taxes are higher.

| Chapel Hill High is a good school for our 14 year old son.
|She says the High Schools are better in north Raleigh.

Read and compare the report cards for whatever schools you are
considering.
Leesville Rd HS is top rated, so is CH. Sanderson and Millbrook
in N Raleigh are not.

| I say I want to plant a lot of trees and have a large garden.

Wooded lots are available anywhere for a price. Look at some of
the older

You will not want the trees where the garden is. It needs 5-6 hours of
full sun at a minimum. You must be talking about a half acre lot are
larger to get both. Lots are expensive unless you move to the county.

NW Raleigh homes (Ray Rd, Creedmoor Rd and beyond Strickland).
No city taxes.
Fewer restrictive covenants.

| Dick

Dick, I'm going to nickname you Dick2. We already have a Dick
here. Hahaha.
Raleighgirl

is a garbage address.
Old 31-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Dick Adams

| Dick

Dick, I'm going to nickname you Dick2. We already have a Dick
here. Hahaha.
Raleighgirl

I'd prefer Quality_Dick.

Dick

Old 02-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Mister Sensitive

I would add that North Raleigh is much more of a generic cookie cutter area
for upper middle class folk. Lots of franchise retail and eateries. Chapel
Hill is a college town, deliberately more unique, more local businesses,
less traffic and a slower pace. That said, CH is rapidly becoming more like
North Raleigh every year.

Raleighgirl is right about real estate. Orange County and CH are less
permissive about development, so that should mean real estate appreciates
more quickly than in development happy Wake. Still, people are making a
killing in both markets.