Old 22-02-2007, 04:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Den. teretifolium

Dendrobium teretifolium.

Also enjoying some warmth.
Attached Thumbnails
Den. teretifolium-den-teretifolium-158-aa100-00244.jpg
Old 22-02-2007, 08:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wendy,
Nice photos, but unfortunately, this is definitely not Dendrobium
teretifolium. Dendrobium teretifolium has thin white to cream flowers.

It looks very much like Dockrillia striolata except it has purple on the
labellum. Dockrillia striolata has a white labellum. I think this is
probably a Dockrillia striolata hybrid.

Any thoughts anyone? Dave?

Graham Corbin

In article , says...
Dendrobium teretifolium.

Also enjoying some warmth.
[image/jpeg]

Old 22-02-2007, 09:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Den. teretifolium x Den. Ida May

Thanks for the heads up Graham, this is one of the reasons I love this group
because it keeps me on my toes & keeping names & things right.

I checked & it is Den. teretifolium x Den. Ida May also I might add a
beautiful fragrance.

Cheers Wendy

. net...

Old 23-02-2007, 01:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi again Graham, I checked my tag, my database & I purchased it from Santa
Barbara Orchids Estate & here is their url:-
http://www.sborchid.com/plantdisplay...code=XBO093135
Is it possible for them to be wrong ?
Thanks for all the info on parentage.
Cheers Wendy

"Graham Corbin" wrote in message
. net...
Wendy,
You might need to try again. I think you mean
Dendrobium teretifolium x Ida Mary
There is no registration for Den. Ida May.

Den. Ida Mary is Dendrobium beckleri (schoeninum) x tenuissimum (mortii)

Very interesting colour considering its parentage.

Graham Corbin

In article , says...

Old 23-02-2007, 03:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

It is possible for anyone, including myself, to be wrong.

I went to the RHS Orchid Register
http://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/registe...chidsearch.asp
which is the master orchid hybrid database and searched on Den Ida M and
only got the one registered hybrid, Den. Ida Mary. I didn't find
anything else which is similar doing other searches. Given the parentage
of Den. Ida Mary, I would say it is virtually guaranteed that this is
the correct name and whoever typed the name into the Santa Barbara
website made a typo, so very simple to miss one letter.

Graham Corbin

In article , says...
[...]

Rate This Thread: