Old 27-03-2007, 01:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Chysis bractescens

And while being outside taking pictures of the cymbidium Sarah Jean, I
just went on with some other flowering orchids.

Here is Chysis bractescens. Bought the thing as a seedling three years
ago and this is its first flowering. I never knew that it had bits of
pink in the flower, but it has.

Greets, Niek

Attached Thumbnails
Chysis bractescens-chysbract.jpg

Old 28-03-2007, 03:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

My goodness my sending button has the hiccups? Honest I didn't click 'send'
three times.
Ha! Not even sure if Niek understands but I told him in Afrikaans that
"It is very pretty"
Cheers Wendy

Old 28-03-2007, 09:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I do Wendy, I do, I do.
Afrikaans is a very close relative of dutch. In fact it is a lot like
the dutch that was spoken in the 17th century. We don't use the word
baie anymore. In contemporary dutch it would be 'Dit is heel mooi'.

Of course you know that originally it was meant that you americans would
all speak Afrikaans. We never should have had the english taking
Nieuw-Amsterdam, turning it into New York ;-)

Groetjes, Niek

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Dit is baie mooi Niek. Cheers Wendy
"Niek Hanckmann" wrote in message
And while being outside taking pictures of the cymbidium Sarah Jean, I
just went on with some other flowering orchids.

Here is Chysis bractescens. Bought the thing as a seedling three years
ago and this is its first flowering. I never knew that it had bits of
pink in the flower, but it has.

Greets, Niek

Rate This Thread: