Old 30-03-2007, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default C intermedia Aquinii Boa Vista

Small plant and first time bloomer but still has nice blooms.

Attached Thumbnails
C intermedia Aquinii Boa Vista-c-intermedia-aquinii-boa-vista.jpg
Old 31-03-2007, 02:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Very nice but looks like a struggling artist? Cheers Wendy
"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
Small plant and first time bloomer but still has nice blooms.

Old 31-03-2007, 11:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

It is. I just got it last year and was doing fine. It dried out a little too
much this winter.
Gary

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Very nice but looks like a struggling artist? Cheers Wendy
"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
Small plant and first time bloomer but still has nice blooms.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I would have expected some flaring on the petals (only because var aquinii
is the mother of all splash petals...) But hey, maybe 'Boa Vista' is the
clone that came out not splashed and so that's its claim to fame..... I
should Google this...

K Barrett
.. .

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Very nice but looks like a struggling artist? Cheers Wendy
"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
Small plant and first time bloomer but still has nice blooms.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I think you're right. I haven't seen any aquinii without the flaring on any
website. This lip is real dark and very nice. Thanks Kathy
Gary

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I would have expected some flaring on the petals (only because var aquinii
is the mother of all splash petals...) But hey, maybe 'Boa Vista' is the
clone that came out not splashed and so that's its claim to fame..... I
should Google this...

K Barrett
.. .

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Very nice but looks like a struggling artist? Cheers Wendy
"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
Small plant and first time bloomer but still has nice blooms.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yes Gary, I have a lot of strugglers mostly because of bugs & repotting at
the wrong time.
Cheers Wendy

.. .

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Very nice but looks like a struggling artist? Cheers Wendy
"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
Small plant and first time bloomer but still has nice blooms.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Well I went back and Googled it and 'Boa Vista' *does* have flaring on the
petals.... Very much so. So now I wonder about yours. Not that it isn't
'Boa Vista' but just that in the mericloning process yours may have had a
genetic change. (???? I'm just speculating)

The only thing to do is to go back to the vendor (if possible) and ask. Or
contact someone knowledgable about catts and ask. I'm always amazed what
vendors know about their product. For example There is a catt called George
King 'Serendipity' that been mericoned and widely sold. As I understand it,
in the meristemming process there was a change and George King 'Southern
Cross' resulted. Just a slightly differnt color than the salmon (of course
I can't recall what color it is now...grr). BUt nevertheless thee was a
nice difference to the plant. Which may be true of your plant.

If the vendor asks to buy it back you may have a choice item on your hands,
*G*

K Barrett

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
I think you're right. I haven't seen any aquinii without the flaring on any
website. This lip is real dark and very nice. Thanks Kathy
Gary

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I would have expected some flaring on the petals (only because var aquinii
is the mother of all splash petals...) But hey, maybe 'Boa Vista' is the
clone that came out not splashed and so that's its claim to fame..... I
should Google this...

K Barrett
.. .

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Very nice but looks like a struggling artist? Cheers Wendy
"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
Small plant and first time bloomer but still has nice blooms.

Rate This Thread: