Old 04-04-2007, 04:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default A closer look

Love the colors but sadly no fragrance. Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
A closer look-darwinarachara-xvandafinetia-virgil-1950-00555.jpg
Old 04-04-2007, 05:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 20:27:06 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Love the colors but sadly no fragrance. Cheers Wendy

It is either light triggered or time triggered - I have forgotten. Try
evening first - then noon sun. It is not a constant scent, but I can
tell if one is in bloom and I walk into the gh. Of course, I don't
have so much space and fragrances tend to get to my allergies.
SuE
Old 04-04-2007, 04:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Very nice. The lip is very like the V. cristata in the background, I
think... Anyway, its Dar. Charm, not Chara. Unless Chara is a recent
registration. Had to look it up becasue I wasn't sure what the make up of a
Darwinara was. Its ascocentrum, neofinetia, vanda and rhynchostylis.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I looked it up too, on OrchidWiz. Dar. Charm is a distinctly pink & white
flowered plant that is listed as having only one progeny, a cross with Dor.
pulcherrima. Vandofinetia Virgil listed, but not as crossed with Dar. Charm
either. Of course, Alex doesn't have every single cross.
Diana

. ..

Old 04-04-2007, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default A closer look-Darwinara Charm 'Blue Star' x Vandafinetia Virgil (4n)

Darwinara Charm 'Blue Star' HCC/AD/AOS x Vandafinetia Virgil (4n)

Thanks girls!!!! Yes I wrote it wrong for my photo logging tsk tsk!
I got it as a seedling from Carter & Holmes a couple or three years ago.
They are selling just the Darwinara Charm in a 2.5" pot & it is so blue!!!!

Cheers Wendy

Old 05-04-2007, 12:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"Wendy7" wrote in
:

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Love the colors but sadly no fragrance. Cheers Wendy

We had one of these in our display at the Greater Omaha Orchid Society show
this past week, and it did have a fragrance, faint when I smelled it, but I
could tell it was in my pickup when I was hauling it home.

Richard
Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Well, they remade the parentswith the coerulean form, or used the one blue
one out of the cross. And whoever made the cross just hasn't registered it
yet.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
I looked it up too, on OrchidWiz. Dar. Charm is a distinctly pink & white
flowered plant that is listed as having only one progeny, a cross with
Dor. pulcherrima. Vandofinetia Virgil listed, but not as crossed with Dar.
Charm either. Of course, Alex doesn't have every single cross.
Diana

. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Love the colors but sadly no fragrance. Cheers Wendy

Rate This Thread: