Old 13-09-2007, 03:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Cattleya Heathii -Just Opening Part II

Just amazing changes after 2 days. It doesn't look like the same plant.
Check previous post.
Cheers Wendy
Pssss. I want to try to get the two pics in the message body here to
compare?

Attached Thumbnails
Cattleya Heathii -Just Opening Part II-c-heathii-blue-967-01303.jpg
Old 13-09-2007, 01:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wendy,

Kudos, another great series of magnificent orchids. You lady have the magic
touch.

Hope that you don't mind that I'm considering donating my collection to you
in about one season.

Despite the fact that I keep moving mine in the hopes of getting them to
bloom, very few have for two seasons now. My frustration is growing and I
know that you'll do well by them . I'm going to give them one more season
to bloom and if they don't, to you they go

-Mariana

Old 13-09-2007, 04:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I will take them in a 'New York Minute' Mariana, but you are wise to try
again.
Some bloom fertilizer & moving them slowly into higher light making sure
there is air
movement should do the trick, depending on what you have.
Cheers Wendy (Florence Nightingale of Orchids) *G*

Old 13-09-2007, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I feel your pain, Marianne. I've been taking extra special good care of my
orchids all year and while I see great roots and new growths they have yet
to translate into blooms, and when the blooms *do* come the stalks are so
short they barely make it out of the sheath. Too much light? Not enough
micronutrients in my water? Who knows? But its getting me down, too. I
have a very nice Pot. David Streeter coming into bloom that I put under the
bench into more shade in the hopes of elongating the stem... we'll see.

Anyway, I thought I'd tell you you're not alone.

K Barrett

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Just amazing changes after 2 days. It doesn't look like the same plant.
Check previous post.
Cheers Wendy
Pssss. I want to try to get the two pics in the message body here to
compare?

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

C. Heathii Wendy7 Orchid Photos 1 19-06-2008 09:14 PM
Just Opening Part II Wendy7 Orchid Photos 2 21-09-2007 09:25 PM
Cattleya heathii - just opening Wendy7 Orchid Photos 3 12-09-2007 05:36 AM
C. Heathii a closeup Wendy7 Orchid Photos 1 27-05-2007 07:33 PM
C. Heathii Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 26-05-2007 04:06 PM