Old 24-10-2007, 05:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Doritis

1. Phal pulcherrima 'Brennan's Orchids' AM/AOS
2. Unnamed pulcherrima
3. unnamed pulcherrima f. coerulea
4. unnamed pulcherrima f. coerulea
5. unnamed pulcherrima f. alba
6. unnamed peloric pulcherrima f. alba (aka Dor pulcherrima var
champornensis)
7. unnamed peloric pulcherrima f. coerulea
8. unnamed peloric pulcherrima F. coerulea
9. Phal Tony 'Brennan's Orchids' HCC/AOS (Dtps Red Elf X Phal venosa)
10. Phal Jim 'Brennan's Orchids' AM/AOS (Dor pulcherrima X Phal venosa)
11. Phal Nina 'Brennan's Orchids' HCC/AOS (Dor pulcherrima X Drlla Tiny)

Attached Thumbnails
Doritis-doritis-collection-copy.jpg

Old 25-10-2007, 02:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

That and this is what made me go look. Christensen spells it champornensis,
and web sites seem to be pretty evenly split on the spelling. I always
thought it was chumpornensis, but again, what do I know? Until someone
sneers in my face I'm going with Christensen. But then again Christensen
doesn't choose to give it variety status (to a teratologic monstrosity) so
what does he know, *G*.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Very cool. Just yesterday I posted something in rgo about Doritis
pulcherrima v. chumpornensis. Picture to post in a bit.

Diana

. ..

Old 26-10-2007, 03:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Chumporn is a region of India. If you think of Indian words spoken in
English - especially with a British bent - it seems to me the spelling could
be interpreted as Champorn....

"K Barrett" wrote in message
That and this is what made me go look. Christensen spells it
champornensis, and web sites seem to be pretty evenly split on the
spelling. I always thought it was chumpornensis, but again, what do I
know? Until someone sneers in my face I'm going with Christensen. But
then again Christensen doesn't choose to give it variety status (to a
teratologic monstrosity) so what does he know, *G*.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Very cool. Just yesterday I posted something in rgo about Doritis
pulcherrima v. chumpornensis. Picture to post in a bit.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for this. It made me go read Christensen's book on Doritis etc.

K Barrett

"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
ng.com...
1. Phal pulcherrima 'Brennan's Orchids' AM/AOS
2. Unnamed pulcherrima
3. unnamed pulcherrima f. coerulea
4. unnamed pulcherrima f. coerulea
5. unnamed pulcherrima f. alba
6. unnamed peloric pulcherrima f. alba (aka Dor pulcherrima var
champornensis)
7. unnamed peloric pulcherrima f. coerulea
8. unnamed peloric pulcherrima F. coerulea
9. Phal Tony 'Brennan's Orchids' HCC/AOS (Dtps Red Elf X Phal venosa)
10. Phal Jim 'Brennan's Orchids' AM/AOS (Dor pulcherrima X Phal venosa)
11. Phal Nina 'Brennan's Orchids' HCC/AOS (Dor pulcherrima X Drlla
Tiny)

Rate This Thread: