Old 20-01-2008, 12:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Virus?

Someone sent me this pic of a NOID catt. Any ideas what it might be?

Attached Thumbnails
Virus?-dsc01822.jpg
Old 20-01-2008, 04:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Sun tan? Virus may show on the pseudobulb, too. Any spots there?

K Barrett

Old 20-01-2008, 09:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

My first impression was the same as K's. I get several catts that do this in
the winter when I have no protection up. Iwanagara, several Potinaras. Their
summer leaves don't show this scortching.
Gary

. ..

Old 23-01-2008, 12:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks for the responses, folks.

That photo is all I have, although the person did add two things just this
morning - it progressed to the entire leaf, and she pitched it.

"Steve" wrote in message
Ray B wrote:
Someone sent me this pic of a NOID catt. Any ideas what it might be?

You know more than I do but I'll not let that stop me from posting a reply
anyway.
Is the surface texture normal across the discolored area? Is it sunken,
even a little?
If the surface is normal and the discoloration fades as the leaves mature,
then it's not likely a virus.
If the discolored area is sunken and/or if it gets worse and becomes
necrotic as the leaves age, then I would strongly suspect it is from a
virus.

Steve

Old 28-01-2008, 11:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:45:28 GMT, "Ray B"
wrote:

Thanks for the responses, folks.

That photo is all I have, although the person did add two things just this
morning - it progressed to the entire leaf, and she pitched it.

Bets are it is a RED cat and only sun challenged in the winter.
Too bad she pitched it.
SuE