Old 22-02-2008, 07:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Bulbophyllum macphersonii

This little fellow grows in tropical rainforests above about 1500 ft, in NE
Queensland. The lateral sepals are joined. Getting a nice photo of the flower
was difficult. Apart from the flower being small, the labellum is hinged. There
was a breeze blowing, and the lip kept flapping about.
Dave Gillingham

Attached Thumbnails
Bulbophyllum macphersonii-blb-macphersonii-.jpg   Bulbophyllum macphersonii-blb-macphersonii-flower-.jpg   Bulbophyllum macphersonii-blb-macphersonii-flower-b.jpg

Old 23-02-2008, 12:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 23:07:40 -0800, Dave Gillingham wrote
(in article ):

This little fellow grows in tropical rainforests above about 1500 ft, in NE
Queensland. The lateral sepals are joined. Getting a nice photo of the
flower
was difficult. Apart from the flower being small, the labellum is hinged.
There
was a breeze blowing, and the lip kept flapping about.
Dave Gillingham

Wonderful alien creature!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 23-02-2008, 03:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

No, Diana - no noticeable smell at all. In fact, to the best of my knowledge
none of the Aussie Bulbophyllums smell bad.

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:12:56 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Pretty one, Dave. Does it smell bad?

Diana

.. .

Old 23-02-2008, 03:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:43:51 -0800, tbell wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 23:07:40 -0800, Dave Gillingham wrote
(in article ):

This little fellow grows in tropical rainforests above about 1500 ft, in NE
Queensland. The lateral sepals are joined. Getting a nice photo of the
flower
was difficult. Apart from the flower being small, the labellum is hinged.
There
was a breeze blowing, and the lip kept flapping about.
Dave Gillingham

Wonderful alien creature!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA