Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Paph Salvadore Dali ???

I made this cross using plants labeled Paph chamberlineanum var sumatra and
Paph chamberlineanum var liemeiama. I am planning on labeling them as Paph
Salvadore Dali but am not a 100% sure. Any thoughts on the name?

Pat

Attached Thumbnails
Paph Salvadore Dali ???-salvador-dali-small.jpg
Old 09-04-2008, 04:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Again, I don't pretend to keep up with taxonomy, especially paph taxonomy,
but according to OrchidWiz the name currently accepted by Kew for
chamberlaininaum is victoria-reginae, so this would be Paph Natasha Von Fox.

According to Koopowitz's recent book there is a long history of paphs bought
and sold as chamberlainianum, Koopowitz speculates these may be hybrids of
moquettianum & glaucophyllum sold as chamberlainianum. One needs to know
the source of the plants in order to know what parental stock you are
dealing with. So I'd contact Koopowitz or someone from the local paph
group...isn't there a Paph newslettter located in teh greater Washington
area? Janette Harris used to be newsletter editor?? Anyway I'd send either
group a picture of your chamberlainianum parent for their speculation as to
what sort of plant species/hybrid it might actually be. Expect to be
thouroughly confused by the time you are done. If ever.

K Barrett.

g.com...

Old 10-04-2008, 04:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Pat,
A very nice cross as paphs go & can't come up with a name.
I was thinking whilst reading your names & looking at the photo, "a cutie
pie"
Now the song Jambalaya has been on my mind the last couple of days so. . . .
.. . . . . .

"Chamberli paph fish pie and a filet Dali,
Sun of a gun . . . . . . . . . . .?
Please forgive me gotta go! *G*
Cheers Wendy

"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
g.com...
I made this cross using plants labeled Paph chamberlineanum var sumatra and
Paph chamberlineanum var liemeiama. I am planning on labeling them as Paph
Salvadore Dali but am not a 100% sure. Any thoughts on the name?

Pat

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Paph. Psyche x Paph Macabre Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchid Photos 2 20-05-2008 09:27 PM
Paph Margaret Crandall(Paph Vanguard 'Knob Creek' X moquetteanum) v_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 23-04-2008 11:32 PM
Paph kolopakingii x Paph praestans Gene Schurg Orchids 4 12-05-2005 02:24 PM
Paph. Bellatulum molli Orchids 2 07-02-2003 02:25 AM
Paph problems Jbkkhawk Orchids 28 30-01-2003 11:49 PM