Old 29-04-2008, 03:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Ansellia just opening

Ansellia africana just opening, taken in late afternoon light.
Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Ansellia just opening-ansellia-africana-162-01999.jpg
Old 02-05-2008, 12:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Very nice, Wendy. How big is yours. Mine hasn't bloomed yet and I know they
can get to be huge. Just wanted to know how long I have to wait. Thanks.
Gary

Old 02-05-2008, 04:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Well Gary, I haven't actually measured it but it's huge! First it's potted
in a 4gal pot, the pseudo's must be
close to 20 inches. Not sure how old it was when I got it in 1995? It
bloomed for the first time in 2001.
Oh, I also had it in the greenhouse when I first got it. Not sure if putting
it outside made it bloom?
Also I have seen a variety of a different colour that seemed smaller in
stature?
Cheers Wendy
. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Ansellia africana just opening, taken in late afternoon light.
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
Ansellia just opening-ansellia-africana1roots-007f.jpg
Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wendy7 wrote:
Well Gary, I haven't actually measured it but it's huge! First it's
potted in a 4gal pot, the pseudo's must be
close to 20 inches. Not sure how old it was when I got it in 1995?
It bloomed for the first time in 2001.
Oh, I also had it in the greenhouse when I first got it. Not sure if
putting it outside made it bloom?
Also I have seen a variety of a different colour that seemed smaller
in stature?
Cheers Wendy
"v_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..

Very nice, Wendy. How big is yours. Mine hasn't bloomed yet and I know
they can get to be huge. Just wanted to know how long I have to wait.
Thanks.
Gary

I grow eight different verieties; four have just finished bloooming, and
they are of different stature. My first was about 40" tall when I got
it; grown in high light the pbs are seldom more than a foot tall;
another I have is a good 20 inches tall (plus leaves) at maturity even
in good light. They can bloom when they put out the first mature growth.
And they do prefer higher light to bloom; I'm guessing that's why
Wendy's bloomed after being moved outside.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Cattleya Heathii -Just Opening Part II Wendy7 Orchid Photos 3 13-09-2007 04:12 PM
Just Opening Wendy7 Orchid Photos 3 12-09-2007 06:54 PM
Cattleya heathii - just opening Wendy7 Orchid Photos 3 12-09-2007 05:36 AM
Just opening Wendy7 Orchid Photos 1 28-04-2007 06:03 PM
Cym. Buttons n' Bows --Just opening Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 01-03-2007 11:41 PM