Old 10-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Jeny

Default Help needed

Hello, I recenty bought two orchids, the species is dendorobium. I
dont know exactly what kind of dendrobium. Everyting was ok, for about
3 weeks, and then I watered them this saturday (I usually water them
once a week, although I think its maybe too warm at home, and probably
they need more watering). An then the next day i saw that the leaves
of the orchids looked somehow thin like a skin and somehow withering.
The one thing i did when i watered them is that i put some fertilizer
in the water. What could have happend and what should i do to preserve
them?
Thank you for your help
Jeny
Old 11-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Jeny

Your first request created a list of questions and an apology.
I wrote it to Jerry not Jeny. Welcome to the group Jeny.
I guess I need to clean my glasses more often.
But we need more information. See the long reply to your original
post.

SuE

No problem)
Btw I answered all you questions as you will see. Thanks again for
your will to help
Old 11-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Susan Erickson

On 11 Feb 2003 05:14:36 -0800, (Jeny) wrote:

Your first request created a list of questions and an apology.
I wrote it to Jerry not Jeny. Welcome to the group Jeny.
I guess I need to clean my glasses more often.
But we need more information. See the long reply to your original
post.

SuE

No problem)
Btw I answered all you questions as you will see. Thanks again for
your will to help

Jeny -
Your fertilizer was a bit strong. But I am wondering about the
type of Dendrobium.

Repot in the spring when you see new root growth (green tips to
the roots). Do not put it in a much larger pot. Den. like tight
shoes.

We will look for your pictures.
Yes, Begonia is Begonia. In general Begonia and Violets are
lower light plants and where they are happy would be a good place
to grow Phalaenopsis. Your Paph should be happy there. A Paph is
more adaptable to different light settings.
SuE
Old 11-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Jeny

Hi again Sue
I was not able to find this alt.binaries.pictures.orchids photo
newsgroup( I took some pics of my orchids, but unfortunately i have
left the cable to the usb at work, so i will be able to upload them
tomorrow morning when i go there. Can i send them directly to you? I
will give an url where i will upload them also, but i have had some
problems with it in other cases, and especialy people from the usa,
canada etc cant view the whole photos So can i send you directrly
the pics, they are 10 but i can reduce them?
Jeny

Old 12-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Karen

Jeny wrote:
Hi again Sue
I was not able to find this alt.binaries.pictures.orchids photo
newsgroup( I took some pics of my orchids, but unfortunately i have
left the cable to the usb at work, so i will be able to upload them
tomorrow morning when i go there. Can i send them directly to you? I
will give an url where i will upload them also, but i have had some
problems with it in other cases, and especialy people from the usa,
canada etc cant view the whole photos So can i send you directrly
the pics, they are 10 but i can reduce them?
Jeny

If you cannot find that group try alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
you can post pictures of orchids there also.

Karen

Old 12-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Jeny

Oh people one thing is for sure either i am blind or there really is
no such newsgroup that begins with alt.binaries.* there is
alt.bainaries.* but it has nothing to do with what i need it for(
So the problem is that i couldnt find the place to post the pics so i
send some of them directry to Sue. Does anyone want to see them also.
This would be great, more people to say their opinion!
Jeny
Old 12-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Fred Garvin

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:39:35 -0500, Jeny wrote:

Oh people one thing is for sure either i am blind or there really is no
such newsgroup that begins with alt.binaries.* there is alt.bainaries.*
but it has nothing to do with what i need it for( So the problem is
that i couldnt find the place to post the pics so i send some of them
directry to Sue. Does anyone want to see them also. This would be great,
more people to say their opinion! Jeny

There IS a group called alt.binaries.pictures.orchids. I read it.

Your ISP may have to add the group to it's server. Call them and ask them
to please add it.
Old 13-02-2003, 05:55 AM
Reka

It's more likely that since she doesn't see any alt.binaries.*, her provider
does not carry any binary groups. In this case, unfortunaely, Jeny, you are
out of luck. Try asking anyway, and good luck! Otherwise, I am sure
someone will post pics for you if you need help.
--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Old 13-02-2003, 07:55 AM
Jeny

People, I've tried... see what is the result:

"Some information is missing or incorrect.......
Google Groups does not currently support posting to
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids...."

And if I call my ISP, oh here it is Bulgaria... they would rather
laugh at me than do anything(( So anything else I could do?
Jeny

Old 13-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Jeny

OK, I understand. So can I send the pics via email to one of you and
then you will post them on this "missing" newsgroup There are 10
pics of my orchids. If there is anyone willing to help i would be very
grateful.
Thanks
Jeny

Old 18-02-2003, 07:03 AM
dusty

(Jeny) wrote in
m:

Hi Dusty
Unfortunately, as I said earlier I am living in Bulgaria, I am not
able for any reasons to view alt.binaries.* and I dont have cc to pay
for my
http://www.teranews.com/ account also( So thats life...
Probably I will ask my sis, shte is living in the usa, to try and post
the pics for me, obviously no one else is willing to do that(
Have a nice day you all
Jeny

If your sis gets a free account at teranews then you should be able to log
on using her id and password. I did not see anything at teranews to prevent
this unless you are some how blocked by your ISP
good luck and may all censors have slow horrible deaths.
dusty