Old 13-12-2005, 09:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Best Way To Buy Through Mail

Who is recognized as the best merchants to buy orchids from through
mail order or online?

Old 13-12-2005, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bob Walsh

I have been happy with everything I have bought from Ray,
both plants and supplies.

Ray is at http://www.firstrays.com/

Bob

ups.com...

Old 14-12-2005, 04:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc

In addition to First Rays, there is also Kenni Judd's place at
www.jborchids.com
Bob Campoli - Philadelphia, Pa.

Old 14-12-2005, 05:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

bobc wrote:
In addition to First Rays, there is also Kenni Judd's place at
www.jborchids.com
Bob Campoli - Philadelphia, Pa.

Both are great. For more vendors, try here

http://orchidmall.com/

For any vendor, what matters most is your own experience with them.
Don't discount your instincts. If a deal sounds too good to be true, be
suspicious. But, if you think you might want to 'audition' a vendor,
buy a few plants. Don't go nuts and buy dozens, just a couple. Maybe
you want to select a few of the less expensive offerings. If they are
of good quality and you are satisfied with the service and price, then
you have greater confidence that a more extensive (or expensive) order
will go smoothly.

One of the great joys of the internet is that there is such a wide
variety of orchid plants and vendors to choose from. By all means
purchase (frequently! *grin*) from your favorite vendor, but don't
forget to experiment a bit, you may find new favorite sources.

And use your credit card. There are a lot of protections built into the
system that give you power as a consumer. If something goes horribly
wrong, you can always dispute a charge.

Rob
--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 14-12-2005, 10:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Oh, and Rob's http://littlefrogfarm.com is a very good place to shop, too.
:-) Some of you may remember that Rob was evil enough to insist upon sending
free orchids along with ones that were ordered. Not sure whether he still
does that sort of thing, though.

And http://www.orchidsexchange.com (Al's Orchid Greenhouse) is great as
well -- though my experience with Al's Orchid Greenhouse is in buying in
person and not through the mail, since Al's is local to me.

Joanna

P.S.: Which one of our rgo regulars who are vendors have we forgot to
mention in this thread so far? (Joanna looking sheepish.)

Old 14-12-2005, 10:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Oops, got Al's URL wrong -- the correct one is
http://www.orchidexchange.com/
Ever since Al mentioned on rgo or abpo the difference that that one extra
"s" could make in his URL, I keep thinking of it with the "s" in it. :-)

Joanna

Old 15-12-2005, 02:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
NOOK

I don't buy many BS or NBS plants most all my work is in flask.
I can say that over the years http://www.oakhillgardens.com/ in IL and
http://www.clanorchids.com/ in FLA both have had good stuff for a very
fair price.
dude