Old 19-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Thomas Wong

Default Please help: making flask and medium

Dear all,

I am keen to try out hybridization and making flasks for my dendrobium,
phalaenopsis and other orchids at home. Please kindly advise me on efficient
"home" way of doing it and good medium formula with "home" recipe. Please
kindly let me know if there is any website on this. Thank you for your
generous help.

With warmest regards,
Thom

Old 19-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Mick Fournier

Thom,

Forget the home boy recipes... there all a bunch of crap.

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f.../qanda.html#Q5

Mick

Old 19-03-2003, 10:20 PM
dusty

"Thomas Wong" wrote in
:

Dear all,

I am keen to try out hybridization and making flasks for my
dendrobium, phalaenopsis and other orchids at home. Please kindly
advise me on efficient "home" way of doing it and good medium formula
with "home" recipe. Please kindly let me know if there is any website
on this. Thank you for your generous help.

With warmest regards,
Thom

You can try the following web pages, lots of information & stuff
hope these are of help to you.
dusty

http://www.orchidsource.com/GBSeedManual.html
http://vengers.com/culture/flaskpic.htm
http://www.home.turbonet.com/kitchenculture/tcinfo.htm
http://web.idirect.com/~orchids/flasking.html
http://www.cedar-lodge.co.uk/page1.htm
http://www.phytotechlab.com/
http://www.8ung.at/ederer_thomas/orc...lish/index.htm
(check out the downloads and hints on this page)
Old 21-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Aaron Hicks

As has been noted by others, it's best off to buy your own. Try
PhytoTech (www.phytotechlab.com).

If you insist, there's a list of media formulae he

http://members.cox.net/lmlauman/osp/..._database.html

Some of these are do-it-yourself formulae.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ