Old 05-01-2006, 10:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Help with a name...

Frank once brought home a gorgeous Dend. The tag has always confused me, and
it's about time to find out what's what.

The tag: Den. Copper Queen x Takamikoadem x Thailand. There mut be
paretheses in there somewhere, but where?

Diana

Old 05-01-2006, 10:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

I don't see anything close to that middle one in the RHS database.
-danny

Thanks for checking, Danny. I get frustrated every time I go to that site
(which I did before asking here). Maybe someone with Wildcatt or OrchidWiz
can find it.

Diana

Old 05-01-2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Edmond Cormier

Google this: Dendrobium Copper Queen x Takamani Kodama. And then go from
there because I don't know What Thailand means here
Cheers
Ed Cormier

Old 05-01-2006, 10:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Google this: Dendrobium Copper Queen x Takamani Kodama. And then go from
there because I don't know What Thailand means here
Cheers
Ed Cormier

Hmm. On my way......

Diana

Old 05-01-2006, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Diana: Yes, there should be parentheses in there somewhere. In their
absence, maybe the position of the names on the tag will help??? E.g., if
Copper Queen x Takamikoadem is on one line, and then Thailand is on the
bottom line, then most probably the first parent is the progeny of the 2
plants listed on the first line, and Thailand is the other parent. But if
Copper Queen is alone on the first line, and then Takamikoadem x Thailand is
on the second line, then Copper Queen should be the pod parent, and the
progeny of Takamikoadem x Thailand should be the second parent.

And if there are 3 lines, then you're on your own G. Kenni

Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Thanks, Kenni. No, it's not three lines, but off hand I can't recall if it's
one or two. Will check tomorrow, as it's dark now.

BTW, where did you find that great apple cider you were talking about before
Christmas??

Diana

Old 06-01-2006, 01:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Frank once brought home a gorgeous Dend. The tag has always confused me, and
it's about time to find out what's what.

The tag: Den. Copper Queen x Takamikoadem x Thailand. There mut be
paretheses in there somewhere, but where?

Diana

OK, Den Copper Queen x Den. Takamai Kodama = Den. Vintner's Reserve

Den Vintner's Reserve x Den. Thailand = Den. Orchidom Dark Plush

So you have Den. Orchidom Dark Plush

K Barrett
Old 06-01-2006, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Thanks, Kath!!

Diana

Old 06-01-2006, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Thanks, Kath!!

Diana

Take a picture and give it to Alex of OrchidWiz for his records. he has
a pic of the Vintner's reserve, it would be nice to have the offspring.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Oh dear, Diana. And here I was thinking you were a true enthusiast. "Dark" is
what God gave us torches for ;-) Get out there *now* and check!

Old 06-01-2006, 09:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Dave and Kye,

Okay, you pair of jokers! The tag has two lines, with x Thailand on the
second line. In any event, it seems that Kathy has worked it out, for which
I am grateful. Interesting, because this plant has taken a couple of ribbons
at shows, and was incorrectly labeled Cen. Copper Queen x Thailand, leaving
out the other parent.

Diana

Old 06-01-2006, 09:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Take a picture and give it to Alex of OrchidWiz for his records. he has a
pic of the Vintner's reserve, it would be nice to have the offspring.

Will do. We have pictures of it.

Diana

Old 07-01-2006, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Diana: Sorry, it's a private recipe my husband came up with-- and he won't
share it even with me. I know it involves one cheesecloth sleeve of various
citrus, and another of various spices ... Kenni