Old 17-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Latin vs common name was: [IBC] Please help with Wrightia Religiosa

There are others, but I find the Hutchinson Dictionary of Plant
Names: Common and Botanical" to be a great help -- both in
identifying plants whose scientific names I don't know, and in
sorting out plants which have the same common names, but actually
are 5-6 different plants.

And to help understand the meaning of those latin names, you can look at
the IBC's dictionary
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/bo...e.php?typeid=2

For example: sempervirens=always green.

Nicolas
http://www.bmee.net
"A community that excludes even one of its members is no community at all"
- Dan Wilkins

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++