Old 06-01-2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default Thank you friends!

Wow! I am overwhelmed. Thank you dear friends at rgo for the wonderful
surprise. My husband just arrived home with the gift of two orchids which he
picked up today from Al's and a wonderful card from Tom, Ray, Reka, Diana,
and Wendy, and a smaller card with handwritten congratulations from Tom.

The orchids themselves are great:

The bigger of the two, Phal Carmela's Brite Lites 'Big City' x Kenneth Wong
'Carmela', has two basal keikis and 5 branches on the spike, and I can't
wait to see the flowers when the buds open on all that. Al is this a cross
of your own making? David was not sure whether he understood that correctly.

The smaller of the two is a phal venosa, which is a species that I did not
have yet, and I know it is fragrant, so that will be cool too.

You guys gave me a wonderful surprise! I really appreciate your friendship.

Joanna

Old 06-01-2006, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

The bigger plant is Phal. (Carmela's Brite Lites 'Big City' x Kenneth Wong
'Carmela')
I did not make this cross. It was made by Carmela Orchids. The plant has
already bloomed twice, I think on both spikes simultaneously, as evidenced
by the two older spikes stubs, but I don't remember what this particular
one looks like. Please posts a picture on abpo when it blooms, so you can
refresh my memory. I may be able to get permission from Carmela to register
it, ;-D, but I make no promises yet.

There haven't been too many that have bloomed out, if my memory serves me
(and it doesn't as we all know. I am not really sure who it serves
anymore.) Most plants of this cross are only now reaching their first
flowering but there were a few that grew up really fast and bloomed last
year, and you have one of them.

I do have one picture of a flower from this cross that is kind of pretty,
but I don't know if it is a picture of the plant you now have. I will post
it anyway. Check the other newsgroup. Be sure to post a picture when yours
blooms. It is a massive Phal, isn't it?

"Reka" wrote in message
.. .
In article kNyvf.78$ya4.56@trnddc03,
says...
~
[...]
Glad you like them, both the "momma" and the "baby"!
--
Auntie Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Old 06-01-2006, 10:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

"Al" wrote in message
It is a massive Phal, isn't it?

It sure is! :-) I will post a picture when it blooms. I really look forward
to it.
Joanna