Old 19-02-2006, 08:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
masdevallia

Default lover of masdevallias

search any informations and exchanges about this specie

Old 19-02-2006, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

masdevallia wrote:
search any informations and exchanges about this specie

You could try putting Masdevallia in Google and see what comes up.
Probably just a bunch of sales sites. But hey, you could try it. You
could go to Jay's internet orchid encyclopedia and see what he has under
'M'. Google it. Or you could google the Pleurothallis Alliance and see
what they ahve in their web pages. It mi9ght be Pleurothallid... I can't
recall.

Happy hunting.

K Barrett
Old 19-02-2006, 07:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

http://www.pleurothallids.com/masdevallia.htm
http://www.orchidspecies.com/indexm-masd.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masdevallia

Best,
Joanna

"masdevallia" wrote in message
ups.com...
search any informations and exchanges about this specie

Old 19-02-2006, 08:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Oh, and here are some of Eric's masdevallia photos
Enjoy!
http://www.orchidphotos.org/images/o...lia/index.html
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericinsf/tags/masdevallia/

and a few other links
http://www.peripatus.gen.nz/Taxa/Spe...sdevallia.html
http://www.rhs.org.uk/learning/publi...300_orchid.asp
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/recreation...sdevallia.html
http://aos.org/aos/uploadedfiles/doc...termedmasd.pdf
http://www.orchideepassion.com/vb/index.html?c59.html

The last one is in French, since I noticed that you are posting from France.
I tried looking for other info in French on masdevallias, but so far could
not find much.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Joanna

Old 19-02-2006, 08:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default lover of masdevallias (last)

Oh, and there are also books on masdevallias

Masdevallias: Gems Of The Orchid World (Hardcover)
by Mary E. Gerritsen, Ron Parsons
ISBN: 0881927376

and also look for books by Carlyle A Luer on masdevallias if you want much
botanical detail.
Joanna

Old 20-02-2006, 01:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel

J Fortuna wrote:
Oh, and there are also books on masdevallias

Masdevallias: Gems Of The Orchid World (Hardcover)
by Mary E. Gerritsen, Ron Parsons
ISBN: 0881927376

I have this one. It's a fine book with plenty of the botanical nitty
gritty as well as fine pictures of many species and some hybrids.

J. Del Col

Old 21-02-2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

I am lucky to live in the same city as the authors of the book - they're two
of the nicest orchid people you could ever meet.

They are working on a new book - the subject is Mariposa Lilies
(Calochortus), a spectacular genus of summer dry season bulbs from
California. The wet winter of 2004 made for the best wildflower season in
California as far as anyone can remember and Ron took advantage of that by
criscrossing the state most of the year taking photos of California
wildflowers. He gave a sneak peek at the Bay Area Pleurothallid Alliance me
of some of his slides on them. Similiarly spectacular as his Masdevallia
photos.

It is scheduled for July 2007.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"jadel" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old 21-02-2006, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

Pleurothallid Alliance meeting is what was supposed to come forth from my
fingers via the keyboard, but alas, it was trucated in an unexplained
manner.

=)

-Eric

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
news
I am lucky to live in the same city as the authors of the book - they're
two of the nicest orchid people you could ever meet.

They are working on a new book - the subject is Mariposa Lilies
(Calochortus), a spectacular genus of summer dry season bulbs from
California. The wet winter of 2004 made for the best wildflower season in
California as far as anyone can remember and Ron took advantage of that by
criscrossing the state most of the year taking photos of California
wildflowers. He gave a sneak peek at the Bay Area Pleurothallid Alliance
me of some of his slides on them. Similiarly spectacular as his
Masdevallia photos.

It is scheduled for July 2007.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"jadel" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old 07-03-2006, 11:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
masdevallia

jadel wrote:
J Fortuna wrote:
Oh, and there are also books on masdevallias

Masdevallias: Gems Of The Orchid World (Hardcover)
by Mary E. Gerritsen, Ron Parsons
ISBN: 0881927376

I have this one. It's a fine book with plenty of the botanical nitty
gritty as well as fine pictures of many species and some hybrids.

J. Del Col

i agree this a nice and excellent book
a hendrickx