Old 05-04-2003, 11:56 PM
David Jewell

Default Dichaea HELP!!!!!

I have purchased a Dichaea as a bare root plant and dont know what media to
plant it in I know I can mount it on Cork but I dont have any cork slab and
it is really not one of my perfered methods of growing. Please help what
should I grow this in????

Old 06-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Ray Lloyd

I have mine (Dichaea trulla) mounted on a treefern slab with sphagnum moss
around the roots. They do need high humidity and constant moisture in my
experience. You might try a small pot with sphagnum, but that is to supply
the moisture. If you have one of the pendent species (i.e, Dichaea glauca)
mounting might be your best bet.

Good luck!

Ray Lloyd

Old 06-04-2003, 09:20 PM
profpam

Hi, David,

Although you did not say which species of Dichaea you purchased, I
purchased several Dichaeas including a Dichaea glauca from The Orchid
Connection. I find that theirs are planted in bark mix. I also was told
and am finding it to be so true that one should find out whether the
plant is a shade loving orchid or a sun loving orchid. In this case,
the Dichaea glauca is a shade loving plant which seems to thrive beneath
the benches of a greenhouse. I hope this helps.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM