Old 28-03-2006, 06:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Richard

Default Rhein Moonlight

This past weekend I came home with a nice little zygopetalum-type plant in
spike. The label on the plant says Zspm. Rhein Moonlight. Okay, a
Zygosepalum hybrid, I thought.

Did a grex search for Zygosepalum Rhein Moonlight on the RHS website - not
listed.

Did a google search. Found a lot of confusion, no answers.

Searching by "Rhein Moonlight" + orchid gave me references to:

Zygopetalum Rhein Moonlight -- not on the RHS website
Zygosepalum Rhein Moonlight
Galeopetalum Giant "Rhein Moonlight" -- the only one I could find on the
RHS site - Zygopetalum Arthur Elle x Galeottia grandiflora

Now I'm not sure what I've got... is there anyone out there who can
enlighten me?

Richard
Old 28-03-2006, 11:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Searching both OrchidWiz and Wildcatt turns up no registered orchid bearing
the grex name Rhein Moonlight. It could simply be that the "provisional
name" was printed on the label and it hasn't made its way through the
registration process.

I suggest contacting the vendor and as "what's up?"

2...

Old 31-03-2006, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg

Richard,

I have the same issue with Rhein Harekin. I believe someone has created a
whole line of Zygos that they are not registering. I've seen others out
there. They are nice plants with great flowers.

Good growing,
Gene