Old 02-04-2006, 01:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Pumpkin Escobar

Default Cynodes Care

I have two of them, and lucky for me I can get them to bloom. What I
don't have is a lot of information about them and their care.

I have one with two old psuedo-bulbs, one with new growth. Will the
older one send out new growth, should I separate them or leave them
alone?

Is there a goo source for info on the more rare species?

Thanks. PE
Old 03-04-2006, 10:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

I can't speak about the care of them, but the general rule-of-thumb is to
keep a minimum of two or three old pseudobulbs plus a new growth on each
division.

news

Old 04-04-2006, 05:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
meredog

It is doubtful that the older ones will send out new growth, but not
impossible. If you can get them to bloom, then you must already have
some pretty good care info- good for you! If it's unpotted, don't pot
it up until the new roots are 1.5-2 inches long and leaves are
unfurling. You could rot out the new growth by giving it too much water
too early. If it is potted/outside naturally, then just let it go. Once
in a growth phase, water and feed it heavily, and give it plenty of
light.

There are some pictures and other info here about over wintering and
breaking dormancy for ctsms, cycs, and their relatives.
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...502631537.html

Free Akebia vine to a good home (or bad, I don't care) Brian & Mary Bigler Gardening 11 11-05-2010 05:36 PM
Garden Gnomes care about the environment? Obviously not! Take legal action against fishing groups, under the duty of care rule. Brian[_9_] United Kingdom 0 07-02-2007 08:01 PM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] Care Tips for your Bonsai #3 - spring (LONG!) Mark Hill Bonsai 9 11-02-2003 06:25 AM
[IBC] care tips 3 Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 09-02-2003 03:37 PM
[IBC] Care Tips for your Bonsai #3 - spring (LONG!) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 09-02-2003 08:01 AM