Old 29-04-2006, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Default Oh SH*T!

My program always starts out on ABPO, but today it DIDN'T!!! SORRY!
(Thank god it didn't start out on one of my wine newsgroups...I wouldn't
have dared show my face there ever again!)
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 29-04-2006, 07:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

What? Where? How? Why?
Did I miss something.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 29-04-2006, 08:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

ROFLMAO!! Wendy, Reka posted two pictures here in rgo.

If it's any consolation, Reka, I've had two "Oh SH*T!" moments like that
here.

Here he comes, Reka! Dodge and run!

Diana

Old 29-04-2006, 08:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

What is the big thing against posting pics here? H--- I can't, won't do
APBOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Joe T

Old 29-04-2006, 09:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Takes up too much band width, if I understand it correctly. I imagine it's
more technical than that, but *I* am *not* more technical than that. G
Abpo was created specifically for orchid pix by one of our contributors,
Kye. Before that we used to post to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens or
something like that.

Diana

oups.com...

Old 29-04-2006, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Maybe. I think porn was the problem. The alt.garden.roses was ruined
years ago by Flamers. To bad.
jt

Old 29-04-2006, 11:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

The porn spammers hit abpo a lot in the past, and still hit it once in a
while. I don't know why some groups are more likely to be trashed than
others. It would be interesting to know.

Diana

oups.com...

Old 30-04-2006, 05:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

Just wondering, what is abpo, and how do you see the pictures?
jack

Old 30-04-2006, 05:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:25:04 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

ROFLMAO!! Wendy, Reka posted two pictures here in rgo.

If it's any consolation, Reka, I've had two "Oh SH*T!" moments like that
here.

Here he comes, Reka! Dodge and run!

Diana

Oh shucks. We don't even see them anymore. Our ISP scrubs the
newsgroups that should not be binary, so I don't get to enjoy waiting
for the explosion.
SuE
Old 30-04-2006, 05:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On 29 Apr 2006 21:19:40 -0700, "Jack" wrote:

Just wondering, what is abpo, and how do you see the pictures?
jack

Jack -
We have two orchid centered newsgroups. Your now in RGO and years ago
Kye (from OZ) helped us by setting up a binary group so we could post
pix and enjoy seeing each others collections. You sign up for ABPO
(alt.binaries.pictures.orchids) just as you did for RGO. IT is by and
large 90% the same people, although a few do not read both. It just
gives us a secure spot to post our photos and enjoy. We do try to
keep the posted size down because we do still have a few people who
are connecting via dial up or slow modems. They need our respect and
help. See if your ISP has ABPO, if not ask for it.
SuE

Old 30-04-2006, 06:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kye

Its so nice to be remembered for something positive for a change

Thanks Diana

Kye.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
news
Takes up too much band width, if I understand it correctly. I imagine it's
more technical than that, but *I* am *not* more technical than that. G
Abpo was created specifically for orchid pix by one of our contributors,
Kye. Before that we used to post to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens or
something like that.

Diana

oups.com...

Old 30-04-2006, 01:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Sue,

I see from his header that Jack uses groups.google.com to access newsgroups.
Unfortunately google does not include any of the binaries groups.

Jack,

ask your internet service provider whether they provide access to
newsgroups, and if so, you can use either an email and newsgroups reader
such as Outlook Express or a dedicated newsgroups reader (many of which are
available as freeware). To take a look at what ABPO is like, you can also go

http://usenet-replayer.de/cgi/conten...ctures.orchids

This is a Web archive of abpo, but I am not sure whether there is a way to
participate in current abpo from the Web.

Best,
Joanna

Old 30-04-2006, 02:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Fouchey

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:45:21 -0600, Susan Erickson
wrote:

On 29 Apr 2006 21:19:40 -0700, "Jack" wrote:

Just wondering, what is abpo, and how do you see the pictures?
jack

Jack -
We have two orchid centered newsgroups. Your now in RGO and years ago
Kye (from OZ) helped us by setting up a binary group so we could post
pix and enjoy seeing each others collections. You sign up for ABPO
(alt.binaries.pictures.orchids) just as you did for RGO. IT is by and
large 90% the same people, although a few do not read both. It just
gives us a secure spot to post our photos and enjoy. We do try to
keep the posted size down because we do still have a few people who
are connecting via dial up or slow modems. They need our respect and
help. See if your ISP has ABPO, if not ask for it.
SuE

Jack the full title is alt.binaries.pictures.orchids look for it on
your news server, if they don't have it ask for it to be added. As sue
mentions 90% of the same folks post both places.

Oh and after a while you will be SO jealous of some of the folks here
it will hurt! ;-)

Dave Fouchey
Old 30-04-2006, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve

Susan Erickson wrote:
Oh shucks. We don't even see them anymore. Our ISP scrubs the
newsgroups that should not be binary, so I don't get to enjoy waiting
for the explosion..................

Same here.