Old 03-02-2007, 01:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

Default WEATHER - FL

Diana -
Are you close to the tornadoes? Do we have any regulars in that
section of Florida? I see it went thru Kissame (SP) and Orlando area
before heading NE.

I can not get a decent map and of course national news just says Lady
Lake... as if It were Miami they were talking about and everyone would
know exactly where this happened.

This has been the oddest winter I can remember. Then someone
statistically ran our temperatures and snow and said we are in the
"norm" on a 20 year scale. G Couldn't you just shoot them.
SuE
Old 03-02-2007, 03:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

To the best of my knowldge, the closest regs to that storm are in Vero. That
would be Bill Hill and Doug Mew. I think it was well removed from them,
however. Thanks for thinking of us.

It was northwest of us. As usual, it was the mobile home parks that were hit
the hardest. Unfortunately, that is the norm. With this one though, stronger
structures also sustained heavy damage. A very sturdy church is now rubble.

Diana

Old 03-02-2007, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:29:20 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

To the best of my knowldge, the closest regs to that storm are in Vero. That
would be Bill Hill and Doug Mew. I think it was well removed from them,
however. Thanks for thinking of us.

It was northwest of us. As usual, it was the mobile home parks that were hit
the hardest. Unfortunately, that is the norm. With this one though, stronger
structures also sustained heavy damage. A very sturdy church is now rubble.

Diana

At approximately 9:30 AM yesterday there was a Tornado Warning for
Vero Diana, have you heard from them or if there was any damage there?

Dave

.. .

Old 03-02-2007, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Feb 2, 8:45 pm, SuE wrote:
Diana -
Are you close to the tornadoes? Do we have any regulars in that
section of Florida? I see it went thru Kissame (SP) and Orlando area
before heading NE.

I can not get a decent map and of course national news just says Lady
Lake...

Lady Lake is about an hour northwest of Orlando. I traveled through
there a couple of weeks ago. It is most famous for "the Villages,"
communities restricted to people over 55, i.e. old farts on golf
carts. The twister that hit the area was an F3.
Last night I talked to my mother who lives in Apopka, northwest of
Orlando. She said they had very heavy rain and strong winds for a
while but no significant damage there.

J. Del Col

Old 03-02-2007, 08:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Our NOOA radio kept us busy yesterday, so I heard the warnings, but I doubt
that Vero saw anything at all, except perhaps some rain. The line was moving
southeast, with the emphasis on the *east* part of that. We had some windy
conditions but didn't even get a drop of rain, which we could dearly use.
The dryness index is through the roof. Of course, that's not unusual for
this time of year in this area.

There is a show this weekend in Martin county (just south of where we are).
It is housed in a building right on the river (Intracoastal, really). We
installed a display on Thursday. I heard from someone who was there
yesterday that the wind was tearing through that building. That was remnants
from the earlier line of storms as it travelled southward on the eastern
coast.

Diana

wrote:

To the best of my knowldge, the closest regs to that storm are in Vero.
That
would be Bill Hill and Doug Mew. I think it was well removed from them,
however. Thanks for thinking of us.

It was northwest of us. As usual, it was the mobile home parks that were
hit
the hardest. Unfortunately, that is the norm. With this one though,
stronger
structures also sustained heavy damage. A very sturdy church is now
rubble.

Diana

At approximately 9:30 AM yesterday there was a Tornado Warning for
Vero Diana, have you heard from them or if there was any damage there?

Dave

. ..