Old 01-08-2007, 04:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default The opposite of shoplifting....

I believe that's Grey Goose vodka in a collins glass over ice chunked from a
block, no bagged ice, please!

In Dubai they (in addition to the ski area) just opened an Ice disco. A bar
where everything is made from blocks of ice, walls, furniture, etc.... when
you order a drink the glass is made out of ice... Sure, they have these in
Finland where ice is stable at room temperature *G*, but now there's one in
Dubai.

Oh the humanity!

K Barrett

"Al" wrote in message news:6rRri.1331$BQ.549@trnddc03...
Ever hear of a drink called a "Wet Noodle?" As in: "I am gonna hit all
you thread morphing winches with a 'wet noodle' until you beg for
more...."

please note: in the above example 'winches' refers to multiple genders.
In point of fact, however many genders are necessary to cover all possible
option on this little planette of yours.

Al

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
You're right on the mark, Ray. Of course, I would have expected nothing
less! Grand Marnier is the key. Triple Sec is for novices and touristas.

And, since you began with something tropical, let it be known that Coco
Lopez makes the very best Pina Colada.

And: Yellow Bird:

Orange juice, lemon Collins mix (not from a bottle, please!), vodka and
banana liqueur. Shake well. Substitute rum for the vodka if so inclined.

Hey, Kath - is it thread drift yet?

Diana

"Ray B" wrote in message
The best SIMPLE drink recipe I've ever heard of is for a frozen
margarita - courtesy of the "Today Show", of all things:

Into a blender place 1 large can of frozen limeade.

Using the can as a measuring cup, mix 2:1 tequila and your favorite
liqueur (Triple sec is the standard, but I like Grand Marnier better).
The original recipe called for 1/2 tequila, 1/4 other, but I go 2/3 -
1/3.

Fill blender to the top with ice and let 'er rip.

Sit down before consuming - you'll end up there eventually anyway.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Cocktail recipes? I don't think I could outdo this group!!

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
You didn't supply a recipe. So it can't morph (aka thread drift)

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Is this going to morph like the chocolate thread?

Diana {;oD

"Ray B" wrote in message
I occasionally "suffer" from a similar malady.

An additional facilitator for me is a customer who happens to be an
oenologist and viniculturalist for a California winery. Every now
and then this box of bottles shows up at the door with goodies not
typically available to the public.

"Dave Fouchey" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:12:51 GMT, "Ray B"
wrote:

Ray who?

That was Al, not me.
I must learn NOT to post after wine coolers in the Afternoon
Garden...;-)

I blame it on MY Wench....she made me drink them yes she did!

Hey it's my story...
Dave Fouchey

Florence, SC

N34° 11' 36.40"