Old 06-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Kelrosie

Default What to do, now my Orchid has lost flowers?

Hi all,

I am a total newby to Orchids. I got one and the flowers have just fallen
off. When I bought it, there wern't any instructions with it.

Can anyone tell me what to do with it now. Is there a special way that I
should store until next year? Or do I just leave it where it is, in my room?

I would be grateful for any help as I would like to see it flower again next
time.

I cannot identify it so it is difficult to find out what to do, and as I
said I am a complete novice when it comes to Orchids.

Thanks very much in advance,

Rosie.

Old 06-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Kenni Judd

Hi, Rosie: If it doesn't have a name tag, try to describe the plant -- not
just what the flowers looked like, but the plant itself -- e.g., low broad
flat leaves, or upright growths, leaves shaped like ???. Without knowing
what kind of plant it is, it's impossible for us to give you any reliable
advice about it. The most I can say so far is: stop thinking "storage" and
start thinking "growing." No matter what kind of plant it is, it will need
water and fertilizer to live to bloom again.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com