Old 27-05-2003, 02:08 PM
TheBoss

Default Caring for displayed Phal

Still a newbie, I have my first flowers to be displayed in the house.
They are potted in clay, how often should I water this plant and
should I still fertilize, if so any special requirements.
Regards
Curtis
Old 27-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Gene Schurg

Curtis,

Display the plant in low light (out of direct sun) to keep the flowers from
burning.

Water when the plant gets dry! Everyone's house is different and weather
conditions will determine how often you water. If you live in hot dry
Arizona you will water more often than here in the DC area were we have had
rain everyday for a month and had very little sunlight. Since the plant
may be out of the normal growing location (dining room table or other living
areas) and have reduced light you may not need to water as you would
normallly.

I generally don't fertilize the plants that are on display in the house
(because I'm too lazy). If they remain in the greenhouse they get the
regular fertilizer applications. It won't hurt the plant to skip
fertilizing for a few weeks while you enjoy the flowers.

Good growing,
Gene