Old 06-06-2003, 06:44 AM
warren ashley kennith williams

Default Paph randsii and tigrinum

From a couple of growers here in Australia they state these two species are
hard to grow in cultivation. What are other peoples opinion ? How freely
available in cultivation are these species ? Are there any growers in
Australia that would have a plant of these species for sale ?

Warren

Old 07-06-2003, 04:22 AM
AN

HI WARREN
1. PAPHIOPEDILUM ANITUM IS A NEW SPECIES AS FAR AS I KNOW.
IT'S VERY SIMILAR TO ADDUCTUM, AND IT COMES FROM THE SAME AREA(MOUNTAINS IN
MINDANAO), I DON'T THINK IS LEGALLY AVAILABLE AS PHILIPPINES "DON';T GIVE
PERMITS FOR EXPORT OF PAPHIOPEDILUM SPECIES", BUT
AS ALWAYS, U FIND IT HAS BEING IMPORTED INTO GERMANY FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES. BS

ANYWAY IF U HAVE THE LUCK TO GET THIS SPECIES, THEY LIKE A LOT OF HUMIDITY AND
INTERMEDIATE TEMPERATURES, THEY GROW IN NATURE ON THE SIDE OF MOUNTAINS
STREAMS(A FRIEND SAW THEM IN THE WILD IN PHILIPPINES)

ABOUT TIGRINUM AND RANDSII

TIGRINUMS IT IS SAY TO NEED COOLER TEMPERATURES, I HAVE 8 CLONES AND THEY ARE
NOT SPECIALLY DIFICULT.

RANDSII, IT IS KIND OF HARD, IF U GET ONE PUT IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE FAN, AS
THEY NEED A LOT OF AIR MOVEMENT, MY FRIEND HAVE ABOUT 20 AND THEY GROW FINE.
I HAVE ONLY 6 AND THEY DO OK PUTTING THEM IN FRONT OF THE FAN AS HE ADVISE ME.
THERE IS ALSO A NEW VARIETY CALLED MULTIFLORA IN PHILIPPINES
IT HAVE MORE FLOWERS UP TO 12 AND EVEN 18.
BUT THE FLOWER IS SMALL AND NOT AS NICE AS THE OLD ONE.
I DON'T THINK U CAN FIND THE NEW VARIETY YET.
TAKE CARE

PS . I WIRTE EVERYTHING IN CAPS, IF U DON' LIKE IT DON'T READ

From a couple of growers here in Australia they state these two species are