Old 10-07-2003, 06:25 PM
molli

Default Vendor help please

Has anyone here had any experience, either good (preferably, lol) or bad
with Windsong orchids? They have a masdevallia listed that I've lusted
after for a year, Machu Picchu, should I take the risk? I had sent them an
email a couple days ago asking if it was in stock, still waiting on a reply.
--

Hugs,
Molli

Old 10-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Dewitt

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:58:14 -0600, "molli"
wrote:

Has anyone here had any experience, either good (preferably, lol) or bad
with Windsong orchids? They have a masdevallia listed that I've lusted
after for a year, Machu Picchu, should I take the risk? I had sent them an
email a couple days ago asking if it was in stock, still waiting on a reply.

You can find reviews for a number of growers including Windsong at
http://www.proinnovation.com/ogres/ The vendo page is a little slow
to load, so be patient.

deg
Old 10-07-2003, 07:34 PM
molli

Thanks deg, I tried there first, but there were no recent ratings. Point is
moot now, as I called them and they don't have either of the masdevallias I
wanted and are pulling their whole masdevallia page...sigh....

--

Hugs,
Molli

Old 10-07-2003, 07:58 PM
Rob Halgren

molli wrote:

Thanks deg, I tried there first, but there were no recent ratings. Point is
moot now, as I called them and they don't have either of the masdevallias I
wanted and are pulling their whole masdevallia page...sigh....

I haven't bought anything from them in the last two years (just because
I don't need many new plants right now), but I was never unhappy
before. Buzz can be a bit of a lightning rod for flame mail (he has
been known not to water down his opinions), and I haven't 'seen' him
around on the internet much lately. The greenhouses are nice and clean
(although a bit of a trick to find), and his prices always seemed
reasonable. I'd recommend the place to others, especially if you can
get out to the way way northwest suburbs of Chicago to visit the place
in person.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit